“Vegan tasting menu was spectacular!”

Beckta Dining & Wine
Ranked #9 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We had the tasting menu with wine paring. They accommodated our vegan request and we were very impressed with the creativity. Flavours were wonderful. From the food to the service to the wine, nothing could have been better. Looking forward to the chance to return.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Beckta Dining & Wine

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Service was very good but went for dinner they force fixxed price menu which is way too expensive for quality of food first course was soup not so good second course dry beef and third was dry cake dessert . Lacks atmosphere.
Have paid similar price in other resturants/steakhouses for way better quality food.

1  Thank odango t
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Amazing service!
I reserved online and got an email back from the manager enquiring about any dietary restrictions.
Once at the restaurant, after being greated by Beckta himself, wishing my husband a happy birthday, we were immediately seated and served with warm soft bread. My husband being gluten intolerant, was served with gluten-free alternative. We decided to go for the 5 course meal. All options being talored gluten-free for my husband (we had advised the staff prior to coming in). Now, I am not one for fine cuisine so I can't say that I was amazed with the food (except for the excellent spiced churro, yum!! And the duck was also excellent), but my husband loved the food. The meal lasted 3 hours but it did not feel long. And our server was excellent, friendly but not too familiar, and very attentive. ( He noticed at some point that I was fiddling with my dress and thought I had spilled something on it, and arrived at the table with soda and cloth fof me)
Great experience!!

1  Thank Saramelie7
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We treated ourselves to another anniversary lunch at Beckta this week, and have not changed our opinion of the service, food and friendliness. The starter was grilled Ontario asparagus with various added flavours, including samphire and an incredible crab bearnaise sauce - such an explosion of flavour! My husband enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich, while I had the salade gourmande. The latter was a little disappointing - not enough variety and a lot of barley berries. However, do leave room for desserts - awesome. Our preferred wine choice was again not available, but the sommelier went to check the recent delivery from LCBO and found it for us! The 3 course meal with wine actually cost less than 3 of the 4 restaurants we visited in Montreal this May, so good value. Definitely our first choice in Ottawa.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My wife and I were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary with a week-long trip to Toronto and Ottawa. The highlight of the trip was our dinner at Beckta-what a treat!
The ambiance was warm and inviting, the service superb and the food was delicious-5 stars in each category. Kerri, the Hospitality Manager oversaw the entire meal and made it perfect.
Beckta's is the "go-to" place in Ottawa.

1  Thank Richatd K