“Hosting friends from Australia”

Beckta Dining & Wine
Ranked #9 of 2,809 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Beckta's never disappoints... we hosted the Australian parents of a close friend, as they were travelling through Canada and had a stop in Ottawa. We all chose the 5 course tasting menu! They loved every bite.... but as a regular patron who adores everything... if particular note this visit was the foie gras from the tasting menu.... I won't spoil the surprise.... but it was the most incredible version of foie gras I've ever tasted! Once again.... bravo to all for a fabulous culinary treat here in the Nations capital!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Beckta Dining & Wine

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Clean and great atmosphere. The presentation of food are amazing. You should try the pasta it's made in house...amazing and very tasty. My colleague selected the Fish and enjoyed it very much. Compliment to the "Chef"!

If you have a sweet tooth you must try the chocolate nougat!
The service was outstanding and professional.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

A fine dining place in a nice converted old home downtown. We visited with a party of 8 and the service was very good. The food all came out at the right time and no one in our group was disappointed. Obviously a talented chef and kitchen. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Beckta is my favourite restaurant in Ottawa. It's a bit pricey for me to eat there except on special occasions, but it's the place I always choose for those occasions. I had a wonderful meal there on a Saturday night with some friends. We had requested the dining room (set price meal), but it was full, so we reserved a table in the Wine Bar (a la carte menu). Early Saturday afternoon, I received a phone message from the restaurant saying that they had had an opening in the restaurant and until they heard from me, they would hold a table in each location. This kind of thoughtfulness is something I have come to associate with Beckta. Our shared charcuterie plate was delicious and interesting -- not heavy at all, as I had feared it might be -- and our first and main courses delicious all around. I especially loved my duck confit. Our service was thoughtful and helpful. The evening was marred only by the presence of a table full of diners with very loud voices next to us; this was hardly the fault of the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This is my favourite restaurant in Ottawa. The staff treat you like royalty. The presentation and food are amazing. For the adventurous, I recommend getting the 5 Course tasting plate. We go here for all special events - anniversaries, valentine's day, birthdays (etc). The food is fine dinning, but you don't necessarily need to dress up to go. The food offerings change every week, so you'll never get sick of the menu.