“Delightful”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 24
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Absinthe is a Restaurant where you can eat too much, drink too much, put your elbows on the table and laugh out loud... all at the same time and nobody cares. Absinthe is a restaurant of the people for the people.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Three of my friends took me for lunch at Absinthe on a Monday which was not very busy in the restaurant. The waitress was amazing. She brought 4 or 5 different wines for us to sample before we each chose our wine.
Two of us have the Nicoise and two the beef Stroganoff. The presentations were appetizing and flavours very much to our liking. The dessert sampler was enjoyed by all os us.
I was given a complimentary dessert as a birthday favour.
It was a delightful, leisurely lunch with friendly but not intrusive service.

1  Thank Zaiga B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Absinthe

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I really like the beef tartare and the chocolate fondant. The waitresses were very attentive and friendly. We enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank 4c0ugar
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Absinthe. Food was delicious. Nice ambience and great service. I didn't try the Absinthe but one of my friends did. Excellent experience but my friends are always the best part.

1  Thank Andrea18182014
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We had the pleasure of tasting Absinthe's mushroom soup at a fundraiser for the Ottawa Food Bank earlier this year, and decided we would try a full meal for our anniversary. Incredible! The service was above and beyond, and the atmosphere was really cool!! Loved every moment and I can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank LBREF
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Lunch here was wonderful. Great timely service, delicious salad, perfect seating near the window. Great value for such a lovely experience.

2  Thank linda_street