Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
Booking.comUS$ 75
PricelineUS$ 75
eDreamsUS$ 75
1,012 results
All reviews byward market great location parliament hill small balcony yogurt public parking quiet street limited parking tea and coffee queen bed walking distance national art gallery restaurants and shops air conditioner rideau centre downtown ottawa fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed two nights in a ground-floor patio kitchenette room. Clean and comfortable. Tea time in the dining room until 530pm with cheese/fruit/crackers/cookies and coffee/tea. Complimentary breakfast with usual hot/cold cereals, juice, toast, muffins and tea/coffee. Highspeed WiFi free. Parking on the street can be costly (25cents for 5 minutes) and difficult. City parking garage nearby. The meters out front do however go free after 530pm until 8am (all day Sunday). The Inn is only a block away from the bustling Byward Market district with many shops and eateries. A brisk 20 minute walk to the fabulous Museum of Civilization across the canal in Hull. European flair, strictly non-smoking and friendly staff.

Room tip: We used Hotwire.com
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EndofRoad
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed here for just one night but it was a lovely little place close to downtown, clean, spacious room, very comfortable bed, nice ensuite, nice checkin counter, couldn't have asked for more for a good priced hotel.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank UmbrellaRed
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Was originally going to stay three nights, but the room furnishings were old, AC didn't work and as you may not know it has been one of the hottest summers in Ottawa. The room was very clean, but the staff was not very helpful or friendly. The AC was an afterthought to the rooms and are placed in during the summer months with plexiglass.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Hi,
This hotel is actually a small inn. It reminded me of the quaint little inns I stayed at in Europe. It has continental breakfast (5.00 extra for full hot breakfast) and afternoon Tea included. It comes with a 3 star rating, but I can see why some might think that is pushing it here in North America. It is definitely a 3 star European room. It is one of the cleanest rooms I've stayed in. Sparkling! The furnishings are a bit old and dinged up, but for the price, it was a very comfortable room in a spectacular location. It is very close to the market and Rideau st. Check in was swift and friendly. I will certainly stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I read all the trip advisor reviews prior to leaving on this trip so I packed soft toilet paper and tissues and my hairdryer thinking the worst. But we got such a great deal that I wasn't too worried - nothing worse than a bad hotel when you have paid a fortune for it. Well we were very pleasantly surprised indeed! The most important things to us are a comfortable (firm) bed - we got a brand new one here with crisp sheets changed every two days. And the cleanliness - it was immaculate! The laminate floors help with that I am sure. All the furnishings and crockery etc are from IKEA, so if you are an IKEA fan that will give you an idea of the simplicity here.
The breakfast is a great deal as well. The kitchenette in the room was perfect to chill a couple of bottles of wine and some cheese. And I found the hairdryer in the bathroom cupboard under the sink. Yes we did need our own toilet paper and tissues but that is a very small inconvenience. if you happen to be visiting Ottawa for the US Embassy it is a 2 minute walk from the ByWard Blue Inn. It reminded me of a European Pension. Basic but good quality, very clean and excellent service from the two gentlemen we dealt with. Oh and the parking next door for around $13 a night! We didn't take the car out once, we got to every where on foot. We had a room without a balcony but with an air conditioner, I don't know if you get one or the other perhaps.
The downside to staying right in the middle of the all the pubs and restaurants is of course the nose. By the second night we were drifting back to sleep seconds after we woke up - again it depends on what means the most to you.

Room tip: Ask about a balcony or an air conditioner.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple