“Supper with a group”

Das Lokal
Ranked #44 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Das Lokal Kitchen and Bar is located at 190 Dalhousie Street in Ottawa's Byward Market. We are an international restaurant with with a German twist. We serve locally sourced ingredients, proudly prepared in-house by Chef Christian Wallner and his team. Our seasonal menus and drinks are inspired by our staff's love for food and wine. We serve vegetarian dishes and have gluten-free options. We are open seven days a week, including Saturday and Sunday brunch and dinner. We host a range of events such as weddings, cocktail receptions, anniversary celebrations and we offer the restaurant rent-free for private dining events for larger groups on Sunday and Monday evenings. We have live music (7-10 pm) by pianist, Adam Saikaley, on Thursday to Saturday.
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We sat outside on the patio. Pleasant. Gave us a blanket for the coolness and wiped down the seats from the rain. The food was wonderful. Had a schnitzel, flat iron steak, the charcuterie and the bratwurst. They didn't ask for how well the steak was to be done. We ran out of the small toasts with the charcuterie and had to ask for more twice before we received any. On a similar note, we spent most of our stay with empty water glasses having to ask for refills on multiple occasions. For a high quality restaurant, the service was not up to par. Nonetheless, if you can find a seat inside where the waiters might not forget about you, it's definitely worth the price tag for the wonderful food.

2  Thank Paul K

Reviewed 16 July 2017

First time to Das Lokal for Breakfast. My friend had the Rosti and I had the Benny with bacon. My god if you are a bacon lover, this porchetta was amazing!!! ( I asked for crispy)

Everything on my plate looked and tasted delicious. Das Lokal does not serve bread with breakfast but I was offered a mini pretzel that I used to dip in my poached egg and soak up all the amazing stuff on my plate.

There is parking on the side and reservations are recommended but you can call in to see if they have space at the last minute. We did and got a very nice table by the window inside (hot day).

Very cozy and unique design, comfortable chairs and great service.

Ottawa native, first timer and recommend as A Plus place to eat.

1  Thank Sierramina
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Beautiful, varied modern menu with decided Germanic heritage - think Spaetzle, Bratwurst etc., plus great beers, and varied vegetarian options. Let very atmosphere

1  Thank CanadaBruceNZ
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Lucky us to be treated to dinner at this local gem of a restaurant! Service was friendly, attentive, and well paced. We started with a bottle of Prosecco, and we took our time before the yummy roasted red pepper soup arrived. We all loved our dinner choices! Two had lamb shank, one had arctic char, and I had pan seared duck breast -- not at all fatty or greasy. The chef told me that's due to it being rendered two times and finished in the oven, au jus rather than the usual sweet cherry or orange glaze. Delish! And wonderful accompanying veggies with all dinners. There is also a selection of nice wines that can be served by the glass. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Pamehla
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Saw this little place and thought we'd give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! My wife and I we very impressed with the high quality of service and the great food. The place was packed and despite this, no delays at all. We were able to have a nice conversation without the need to scream at each other (due to volume of course). The location is prime. Highly recommended, give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Vincent M