“A nightmare”

Richmond Plaza Motel
Ranked #53 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“A nightmare”
Reviewed 30 November 2004

The reviewer from overseas--are we talking the same place here??? You spent probably close to a thousand dollars on a return ticket (not to mention a 10 hour trip probably) and are staying here??? My Goodness thats really hard to believe or understand... Stayed here 1 night September 2004 and I would NEVER EVER stay here again. The rooms are old, and the place is a magnet for transients etc. There was loud screaming next door and a fistfight near the convenience store just across the street. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe I just happen to pick the wrong night??? Oh well Im not making the same mistake twice !Good luck fellow travellers.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 28 October 2004

I have stayed in this motel on two occasions and have found it very comfortable and pleasant.The management were extremely helpful and understanding and i have never had any problems.I plan on staying there again in December.Alot of people don't have good things to say about this place but I love it and look forward to staying there in December and have a really nice time as always.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2004

Stayed here for 1 night June 2004.
This is the worst place to stay in Ottawa without a doubt.
We were kept awake all night with people constantly coming and going and we were actually worried for our safety.
If you must stay in this part of town, stay at a property on Carling avene which is less than a 5 min drive away.

7 Thank onemangang1000

Travellers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Reviewed 15 April 2004

Do not be fooled by the website!! It has pictures that are NOT taken at the Richmond Plaza. This place was just a nightmare. Reception staff was very rude and seemed upset that we arrived. There was a lot of suspicious activity going on at the motel all night long....cars and motorbikes constantly driving wildly in the parking lot...ultra-loud TVs, constant shouting...and no security! We could not sleep for most of the night. The room doors were made like those in home bedrooms...like cardboard...could be kicked down easily. We had people knocking at our door at 4am. A lot of drunk people just loitering in the area it seemed. The price was what attracted me but I was expecting what the website showed. AVOID!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2004

I cancelled my reservation less than 30 minutes after making it, but this Motel charged me anyways I made a reservation at the Richmond Plaza Motel, and thus gave them my credit card information. My reservation was made around 2 days in advance. After making my reservation, I changed my mind and called back within 20 or 30 minutes and cancelled my reservation. I never stayed at the Richmond Plaza Motel. After leaving Canada, and returning home...I decided to check my credit card account to make sure everything was okay. To my most unpleasant surprise, I was shocked to discover that the Richmond Plaza Motel had charged for one night's stay...even though I never stayed with the Richmond Plaza Motel, and almost immediately cancelled my reservation. I have yet to resolve this disagreement though I am fighting this false credit card charge through MasterCard.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member