1,363 results
All reviews jazz lounge outdoor pool live jazz business park balcony room games room canadian tire centre sens game junior suite hockey game beautiful hotel underground parking mini bar ottawa area hot tub comfortable beds luxury hotel
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My daughters and I wanted a location to celebrate a special birthday and limit the amount of driving . Brookstreet was perfect , from the attention to details in reservations, to check in & departure, this hotel and location were all & more than expected: Wonderful spa, beautiful live music in the jazz lounge, fine dining, pool and shopping nearby. Excellent service, superb food and a lovely room with a view !! We felt pampered, and our ladies weekend was all we hoped it would be !

Room tip: Ask for a river and golf course view
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Patrice B, General Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear 51mother

Thank you for your review and we are so glad that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay and pampering at Brookstreet. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

My fiancée and I stayed at the hotel after being stranded from a terrible snow storm on the night of our engagement in February. Norbert from guest services greeted us at the front desk upon our arrival and we couldn't contain our excitement about our engagement so we told the story to Norbert he congratulated us, checked us in and we headed to our room. About half and hour later a knock at the door and a tray of sparking water, desserts and a hand written note from Norbert was brought into our room on a tray. It made our night and was really an appreciated personal touch on a night that we couldn't be home celebrating with our family! Thanks to Norbert for his thoughtfulness and a great hotel to stay at! My favourite one in Ottawa.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear briannadrew8

Thanks you for your feedback and congratulations on your engagement. We are so glad that you and your fiancee enjoyed your stay with us, even if it is not exactly what you had planned. We hopefully will be able to welcome you back again soon for another overnight stay!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. An excellent, spacious room, superb gym and pool and a great jazz lounge.

The rooms are large and clean with the usual amenities (widescreen TV, coffee machine, fridge, bath etc).

The gym is far larger than you would expect for a hotel, fully equipped with both CV machines (including around 6 treadmills) and a wide assortment of weights and weight machines.

The jazz lounge is amazing with live acts on nearly every evening, giving a really good atmosphere. As an ale-loving Brit, I was very happy with the range of locally produced beers available, so I did not have to endure the horrors of Coors-Light. The Beau's, in particular, was very good.

The staff were very attentive and helpful at all times.

Location-wise I was working in the next building for a few days so this was a two minute walk for me. Obviously this is not somewhere you would choose if you were visiting downtown, unless you were happy to spend quite a bit of time in the car.

Finally, I asked for a feather-free room which was provided for me on arrival.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BredonDave
Patrice B, General Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear BredonDave

Thank you for your review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Brookstreet. It sounds like you got to try all out outlets when you were here. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Canada.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel at 5:00 pm to check in and was told that my room was not ready yet. I couldn't believe it - not ready. Never has this happened to me. The clerk was very apologetic and comped me a couple of drinks at the bar and waived my parking fee. In my youth I would have been fine with this but as I get older my tolerance for poor service is next to nil.

The lineup to check-in was intolerable, which was secondary to the fact that there were some who checked in after me who seemed to miraculously be able to get their room. Funny that??

I had an event to be ready for by 6:00 pm and had to wait for my room. I did get in eventually but had exactly five minutes to change. Unacceptable.

This is a nice hotel, relatively new. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. My room did have a light fixture that had become loose from the ceiling and a light switch that was slightly exposed - a possible safety hazard. Beyond that was the strange feature of a window that you can see into the bathroom. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is - unless they are marketing to the peep-show demographic??

As hard as it was to check-in, it was equally challenging to leave. My room key was supposed to be able to let me get out of the underground garage. It didn't work. I tried the intercom but no response. So I had to park my car and schlep back up to the front desk. Again many apologies and they gave me a card that could be scanned. On my second attempt to leave the parking garage the card given to me displayed an error message of "unrecognizable barcode". Thankfully somebody was able to answer the intercom. As if "open sesame" was uttered - I was free to leave my underground parking prison. This happened to me last time as well. I should have learned my lesson. This has to be a known issue with the hotel because others were living out the same problem as I escaped.

So here is my advice for Brookstreet: service is your business. People come for a nice clean room but it is the experience they remember. My first impression at check-in was infuriating. And my final experience of trying to leave the underground parking lot was utter frustration. You blew it. The price you charge was in no way commensurate with the service or experience I received. Your core business is service not the simple rental of beds!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Scott C
Patrice B, General Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear Scott

Thank you for your very detailed feedback and I am sorry to hear of your recent experience. On the night of your stay we did experience a delay in getting guests into their rooms due to unforeseen circumstances and for that I do apologize. I am not sure why the other guest got in before you, they may have been in a different room type or possibly have been called back as they had tried to check in earlier. We do try and allocate the rooms on a first come first order, as soon as a room becomes available we allocate it to the next person who is next on the list.

I am glad that you enjoyed the room and have asked the maintenance team to look into your feedback. The windows on our bathrooms are designed to let in natural light if required, many guests prefer this light for make up application. However, the window does have blinds on it for privacy.

Your experience of exiting the garage should never have happened and for that again I apologize. We are having maintenance look into this also.

I would like to thank you for bringing this all to our attention and again I apologize for for your experience. I do hope that you will change your mind and try us again in the future as I can assure you this is not our usual standards.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Would definitely go back! This hotel isn't well known, it's not a famous brand, it's not in the middle of downtown, in fact, its in the middle of a parking lot between a bunch of high tech companies but when you walk in, it's nicer, better, more luxurious than many of the top brand hotels. WiFi is included, the pool is very nice, if you have kids, there's an indoor kids splash pad. The beds were extremely comfortable. Service was great. We heard the jazz bar was excellent. The only slightly negative thing I can say about this hotel was that the pool is very very poorly accessible. The lockers are located on the second floor which has free lockers with locks but then you have to walk through a gym and down stairs, down a corridor to access the pool. And not just any gym, the gym is for hotel guests as well as locals so it wasn't empty. Other than that, i can't say anything bad!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Traveller_mom2
Patrice B, General Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Traveller_mom2

Thank you for your review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Brookstreet, i will be reviewing your comments with my team. I do hope that we can welcome you and your family back again soon.