“The food is worth all 5 stars alone!”
Review of Schnitzel Works

Schnitzel Works
Ranked #488 of 2,882 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Get your schnitzel here and you won't be disappointed. With or without gravy, with red cabbage or sauerkraut and roasted potatoes. The food is made right there with fresh ingredients and you can really taste it. Staff is friendly and the portions are huge. The place is not huge so it's a good idea to go at an off time, or order the food to take out. It's very clean and bright, but not really a place you go for "ambiance." You go for the food and you'll be happy you did!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Went with 5 co-workers at lunch and here's my take. First, it was very busy and it was a good idea we booked ahead. The portion sizes were generous; this includes the sandwiches, which one of our group had to cut in half first.

I had the Austrian Schnitzel and both the Schnitzel and the potatoes side were fantastic.

The atmosphere is casual and family friendly. For people sharing, there are several side dishes for under 10 dollars. Service was friendly and courteous.

Can't wait to go back and try their other menu items. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

A friend asked if I wanted to go to the Schnitzel Works for lunch, I am not overly fond of schnitzel so I checked their online menu to see what else they offered. I found a nice variety of other offerings (smoked meat, classic Reuben and roasted sirloin) so I said yes let's go. When we arrived at the restaurant the menu was the same as on-line, I ordered the smoked meat and was told by our server that they no longer offer the smoked meat, the classic Reuben or the roasted sirloin as their specialty was schnitzel. Well if that is the case then change your on-line menu and your in-house menu to reflect that. As my friend had limited time before going back to the office we stayed otherwise I would have left. I ordered a Veggie Swiss and onion rings. My friend had a schnitzel. My lunch was very tasty and my friend enjoyed her schnitzel. The server was very nice, the restaurant is clean. The fact that the menus are not up-to-date is a problem and needs to be rectified immediately.

3  Thank Colleen685
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We never learn, and maybe that's a good thing. We always go the Schnitzel Works hungry and order accordingly. We never finish what we order and end up taking the left overs home for dinner or lunch the next day.

The portions are substantial and the pork schnitzel is fabulous, served in a variety of national flavours on a bun. We order the large plate of fries and it is a large plate of fries - almost a lunch in and of itself.

Service is always friendly and the good hearty food never disappoints.

1  Thank JC O
Reviewed 18 June 2016

Best schnitzel in the region. Generous portions, the fried, juicy piece of meat overwhelms the big bun. Warm and friendly staff, proud of their product, which is becoming all too rare...

Great onion rings too!! Selection is wide but not overwhelming, prices are great too.