“good buffet variety”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: Queen
Reviewed 23 January 2018

nice buffet, yummy pastry, nice staff
liked the food in the buffet. ambiance was nice and clean
good central location

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Inside the Marriott in the quieter part of downtown Ottawa, Spin Kitchen serves good food.

And David, our waiter literally saved me from a most atrocious crème brûlée. I split a large caesar salad with my sister. It was so delicious and umami-rich. Savoury and crisp romaine, fresh croutons and while it said they had brisket, it tasted more like smoked ham or pastrami cubes. But I digress...if I could keep eating salad this good, I would have skipped the rest of the meal had I known what was to follow for dessert...

The burger and fries were perfect. The bun was good, the burger looked like a frozen angus patty, but it was cooked well and still juicy. The fries were crispy edged and just right inside.

David our waiter, was attentive and personable, so when I got the foulest, most over the top bad attempt as a crème brûlée, he understood my pain and took it off the bill. I explained the texture was not creamy and it was more like a cooked egg...quiche, anyone? The sugar topping was too roasted to the point of burnt. I can tolerate that if the custard was smooth, but I just looked at a waste of food and died a little. That's why I gave this only 4 stars.

Washrooms are downstairs in the hotel part. Very compact doors, not ideal for mobility-challenged folks.

Décor is contemporary and lots of rich brown wood. A large photo of "the original spin doctor" John Diefenbaker, hangs inside. Ugh. All I see is the former Prime Minister that made a crappy decision of scrapping the Avro Arrow, destroying Canada's aéronautic legacy.

Thank goodness for David!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

For a quick lunch, I had a Turkey Apple Club sandwich and Turkey Tomato Soup.

The sandwich had a good portion of Turkey and bacon, slice of cheese, apple chutney, mustard on toasted rye. The soup was chunky and thick. All in all it was a good lunch. In and out in 40 minutes.

Decent and quick service.

Total cost with coffee was $25.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

While there, I ate in this restaurant each evening. When I'm back, I plan to eat there many times as well. It will probably take me three or four trips to try everything on the menu.

The staff are excellent and provide good recommendations and service.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The menu is not expansive, but the food is all good. Nice lively atmosphere right in the lobby of the Marriott hotel.