1,293 results
All reviews the concierge lounge spin restaurant kent street teen room air hockey parliament hill corner room supreme court byward market self parking walking distance king bed front desk staff business trip bit dated the room was nice checking in
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My wife, 10 year old grand daughter and I stayed here for 2 days at the end July. I was on a business trip so our room was prepaid.
The staff go out of their way to greet you and be friendly to you from the car valet person, to the front desk, to room service, to room cleaning.
The location is at the west end of the Sparks Street Mall. It was a pleasant walk to Parliament Hill, where we witnessed the changing of the guard,and to the kiosks where my wife and grand daughter picked up an exciting amphibious bus tour.
We requested a room with 2 beds which was probably why it felt a bit crowded. However, the room was clean and serviceable. The standard free wi-fi was adequate for my needs.
We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel but, given the appearance of the dining room, we decided to have dinned outside the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The Ottawa Marriott on Kent is a solid, if somewhat anonymous and relatively unremarkable, hotel with decent rates in a great location to tour the vicinity of Parliament Hill.

Just a few blocks, and a lovely walk, along Wellington or through the Sparks Street pedestrian mall.

Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable and staff were uniformly good (upbeat, attentive, prompt).

The lobby area and adjacent restaurant were nothing to write home about, and parking, while fairly priced, and with in/our privileges, is a bit of a hassle, via secondary elevator (and all the elevators seemed slow, often crammed).

There’s a decent sized indoor pool, and two well stocked activities rooms for kids (video games, toys for toddler up, board games, books) and teens (air hockey, ping pong, fooseball, shuffleboard a billiards table, as well as a basketball half court). Our kids, as well as my sons soccer teammates who were all staying there, also).

If you’re seeking something memorable, you’re better off at the historical Lord Elgin or Chateau Laurier, but if you just want convenient and ease without breaking the bank, Ottawa Marriott is a good option.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

It was a nice hotel, the location isn't ideal for a family, but they have a nice pool, staff is friendly and cooperative. The only issue we had was that we booked a room with a king size bed and got two double bed instead but they rectified the situation rapidly.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The stuff kept telling lies to us. And they gave away the luxury room I booked to someone else.I have to take the worst room for the night. I asked why, the only answer is stystem problems.. Never come again..

Trip type: Travelled with family
OttawaMarriottHotel, Rooms Operations Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

We are terribly sorry about the confusion with your reservation and that our staff were not able to communicate effectively when attempting to work with you to resolve the issue. We were happy to know that our Front Office Manager was able to assist in correcting any issues, with you and the third party booking agent, but are disappointed that you left with this impression. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and we wish you a great day.
Beverly B
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I enjoyed a very good one night's stay at the Ottawa Marriott. Just slightly away from the heart of the city it's still a great location to base a vacation or business trip from. The rooms have been redone and I found mine to be very comfortable, clean and quiet (2634). Many of the rooms offer great views (though the views from the lounge on the 26th floor are amazing) and there are plenty of elevators so you don't have to wait long to grab one. I did find the price a little on the high side ($215) but it was comparable to other large hotels in the city centre. Check in was a snap (best to do it using Marriott's app before arriving) and the staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business