Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
US$ 126
US$ 186
US$ 133
  • Fitness centre
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 112
US$ 127
Travelocity
1,853 results
All reviewswasher and dryerfull kitchenrideau centrebyward marketgreat locationtwo bedroom suiteparliament hilllaundry roomhome away from homewithin walking distanceown mealslots of spaceparking garageliving areatwo blocksstreet noisepull out couch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I recently stayed overnight in a newly renovated 2 bdrm suite. The suite was nice but didn't bear a resemblance to the pictures of the newly renovated suites on the website. The pictures showed a much nicer suite than I was in. And the cleaning staff wasn't all that great. They took the used towels & didn't replace them, they didn't leave any toilet paper & I had to call down for some as we were going to run out. The balcony doors looked like they've never been cleaned there were so many fingerprints on them. Not overly impressive.

But, because of the location I could live with these things. What I couldn't live with is the noise from the "live band bar" across the street. I was on the 6th floor and the noise went on every night until around 3 or 4 a.m. Needless to say I got very little sleep. When I called the front desk, I was told "that's downtown Ottawa. You should have requested a courtyard suite." When I informed the desk person I had requested a courtyard suite when I booked 3 months prior, I was once again told "well that's downtown Ottawa". I was not impressed with these responses, no needless to say, instead of requesting a courtyard suite next time I'll just book with another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris E
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Please contact me at 1-800-267-1989 as I wish to discuss your stay at the Hotel and to gather more information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

While attending a conference in Ottawa a friend and I were able to share expenses for a two bedroom suite. We were able to save a few hundred dollars each compared to having our own rooms at other close by hotels.

The rooms have a full kitchen, master bedroom with ensuite and a washer and dryer and many other amenities.

The room we had was also great because had a balcony overlooking the city (Byward Market).

Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Poucher68
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel! At 1,000 sq. ft. and most with two bathrooms, our two-bedroom suites are perfect for sharing. Save even more by cooking some of your meals in our fully equipped kitchens! I’m pleased you enjoyed the view from your balcony of the historic Byward Market and I look forward to hosting you and your colleague again in future!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The location of this hotel is terrific - near the market, easy walking distance to great restaurants and pubs and the National Art Gallery.
Room (a two bedroom suite) was very tired looking - felt depressing. Will be great when they are updated.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the hotel. Our location is second to none! The hotel is located a 5 minute walk to the historic Byward Market -- one of Canada's oldest and largest public markets. The legendary builder of the Rideau Canal, Colonel By himself laid out the street plan of the Market, designating George Street and York Street to be extra wide to accommodate the creation of a public market and gathering place. Within a four blocks area, you'll find museums, cafés, specialty food shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants, pubs, hair and aesthetics salons and more!

For your future reservations, you may wish to select one of our Premiere Suites instead of the Traditional Suite that you reserved. Premiere Suites feature modern décor, soothing warm colours, beautiful dark woods, plush duvets, pillow-top mattresses, etc.

Once again, thank you very much for providing your feedback and I look forward to hosting you again in future!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Les Suites Hotel is a great place to stay in Ottawa.
I travelled to the city to attend a conference, and stayed a couple night at the local campus. The last night, I moved to Les Suites - that was a huge improvement for my well being.
The receptionists were very kind to me, the room was enormous, functional and clean, and it has free WiFi.
Too bad I have been there for one night only: it would make the perfect place for a long-term stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to write an excellent review on your recent stay at the hotel. Our spacious suites, amenities and the amazing hospitality experiences we give our guests keeps our guests coming back! We wish you had the opportunity to enjoy a longer stay with us. The hotel has undergone many improvements over the past few months, and more enhancements are being made in the coming weeks! I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canada’s Capital!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was sent to Les Suites for a week in April on business. The overall experience was very good, but there were a few annoyances that definitely detracted from the positive aspects. First the good;
The room was quite large for a hotel, almost as big as my own apartment. The kitchen was clean and probably newly renovated. It was more than sufficient for my needs. The large storage closet and laundry room were very handy and the bathroom was very well-appointed.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the cafe downstairs was satisfactory. The location of the hotel was above reproach; walking distance to parliament, shopping, byward market, restaurants, spas and parks. It was perfect. Also, the business center was extremely useful.

However.
The elevators were incredibly slow and broke down more than once during my stay. On one busy morning, both elevators were out at the same time which was very inconvenient on a 22 floor hotel.
Also, Les Suites posesses quite possibly the worst hotel fitness center I have ever encountered. Located next to the pool, it was extremely humid and not well ventilated. It was smaller than my hotel room with the equipment crammed in. It would be impossible for all the machines to be used at once. It contained two treadmills, one of which was older than I am and suffered from palpitations which almost pitched me off the belt at high speed. The other broke down half way through our stay. There was no room for floor work and a rather pitiful selection of weights. In a hotel that caters to long-term visitors, one would expect something a bit better.
I found the bed uncomfortable and the pillows almost painfully hard. We requested softer pillows but alas, we were too late because they ran out.

Overall, I would stay again for a similar trip but I would recommend that the hotel look at upgrading the gym, the pillows and the elevators to entice guests to recommend Les Suites to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ladyalice13

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and the Trip Advisor community with your feedback.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the spacious comfort of our suites and our amazing location!

Over the past several months, we have upgraded many of our suites and amenities including new flat screen TV's, new fiber optic high speed internet, extensive renovations in many of our suites.

You will be pleased to know that we just finalized a purchase for soft pillows, which will be placed throughout the hotel. Several of our guests have recently brought this issue to our attention - we listned, and more importantly - made the improvement suggested!

Additionally, we have just purchased some new equipment for our fitness centre, and are planning extensive renovations to this area in the coming months - stay tuned for more great details!

Thanks again for your feedback! We review guest comments every single morning and our team strategizes on how to improve the product and services for our valued guests.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future,