2,093 results
All reviews washer and dryer full kitchen rideau centre byward market presse cafe great location two bedroom suite parliament hill home away from home laundry room within walking distance the general manager parking garage lots of space large suites living area dining table
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite at this hotel and it was amazing! Our room had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, in suite laundry, and a full kitchen. We were able to put the kids to bed in one room and still enjoy ourselves. Having the kitchen was great to be able to cook some of our own meals and not spend a fortune on restaurants. It was a two minute walk to the Rideau shopping centre. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the view! We also booked with the online supersaver rate and paid less than what I would expect to pay for a decent hotel room, never mind one with two bedrooms! Well worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review! The majority of our two-bedroom suites are approximately 1000 sq. ft. with two bathrooms – put the kids to bed in a bedroom and adults can enjoy themselves in the livingroom. These suites are fabulous for families and longer term stays as the money you save by cooking the majority of your own meals can be utilized at the many attractions within walking distance of the hotel. I appreciate your comment about our Super Web Rate -- a condominium-sized suite for the price of a regular hotel room is hard to beat! I look forward to hosting you and your family again!

Chris Pierce,

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel really surprised us! It's a bit older than some of the other hotels in Ottawa, so we expected something mediocre, but we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel service was terrific and great with our kids. The rooms were modern, clean, and very spacious - like home away from home! The pool was nice, and best of all, it's right in downtown Ottawa's Byward Market district, close to all the tourist attractions, shops, cafés, restaurants, the Rideau Centre, transit - it's all there. Great hotel, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors have not yet been renovated, but are cheaper as a result.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Trillium_Family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your awesome review of the hotel during your stay last June! Our friendly and professional staff genuinely enjoy hosting children – we even have a kids’ check-in area at the Front Desk where they will receive an activity package. Don’t forget to enter our Mascot Drawing Contest. The winning child will receive a hotel stay gift certificate and a Wii™ gaming system. Since your last stay, our higher floors have been renovated and I look forward to hosting you and your family again real soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed in a bedroom suite on the eighth floor overlooking the city. The room was large, actually a separate living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. It felt like a condo. Was quiet and warm. Two flat screen TVs. A decent balcony. Large bathroom and strong water pressure in the shower. The kitchen was fully stocked though I didn't use it.

Gym on t he fifth floor offered running and weight machines. Also a pool but I did not use it.

Location is super. It is next to Irish Town and the Market as well. Parliament Hill is a few minutes away on foot.

A few of the lights in my room did not work, but when I told the front desk they immediately rook note for the maintenance man. Was impressed.

Would stay here again for business or vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Your excellent review of the hotel is appreciated! Our one-bedroom Premiere Suites are approximately 700 sq. ft., offer five appliances, fully equipped kitchens and separate living and sleeping quarters. All of our suites feature flat screen televisions and our complimentary wireless high speed internet access has been recently upgraded as well. I look forward to your next trip to Ottawa and Les Suites!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at Les Suites for 6 nights on a business trip and thought it was pretty near perfect. I liked having the separate bedroom, living room, dining room and full kitchen especially when stayed for that many nights. It was really nice to have the space when trying to do work from my room. The staff was very helpful, whether it be giving advice on things to see and do in Ottawa (it was my first time there) or letting me use their fax machine, they were always very pleasant. The little restaurant in the lobby had a fantastic breakfast for a very reasonable price. I didn't eat any other meals there as there are SO many great restaurants close by. The location of the hotel was absolutely great! So close to Byward Market, Rideau Centre, Parliament Hill etc. When I wasn't working, I walked every where, it was beautiful! I would stay there again...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dana C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay at the hotel. For those coming to Ottawa on business, we offer spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas – even enough space to conduct small meetings! Our Business Centre (two computers with printers) is located on the Mezzanine Level and staff at the Front Desk are always available to assist with faxing and photocopying. Thanking you for complimenting our excellent location – park the car and everything you need is within a short walking distance (shopping, dining, museums and attractions, etc.). I look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed at Les Suites for 3 nights during Winterlude. We booked the hotel through Ottawa Tourism. After a few booking issues (that the hotel dealt with really well) we got our 2 bedroom Premiere suite. It was lovely. Really felt like we had our own apartment. Great having all that space. Pillow top beds comfortable. Pool & hot tub, busy but good. Watch the floor is very slippery. The hotel location is great for walking to all places. The elevators were slow (we were on 21st floor) but the hotel was very busy. We were on holiday, not having to rush. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms and facing court yard were very quiet. Avoid 5th floor, this is where the pool is, it is very busy hallway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your excellent review of the hotel during your recent Winterlude stay. Our 1000 sq. ft. two-bedroom Premiere Suites are perfect for a family stay and our location is within a short walking distance of many attractions for everyone in the family to enjoy. I look forward to hosting you and your family again in future!