All reviews the club lounge valet parking parliament hill byward market walking distance buffet breakfast bit dated business district room was large central location stayed here for one night rideau centre business or pleasure business trip king bed comfortable rooms an upgrade
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel and made my way to 1018 I was deafened as I entered by the low pitched whirring of some piece of plant running outside. I rang down and was offered a room 4 floors lower on the same side of the hotel as it was "the only other one they had" it was a bit quieter but still had the noise. I was lied to about being the only other room as I was able to book another room online with several choices. This was a pre booked room with my tour so I had to put up with it but otherwise I would have checked out. Nightmare sleep.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SheratonOttawa, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Greetings nigelr2000,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel and providing your honest feedback on your most recent stay.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. While our guests love the centralized location of our hotel, there are times when the downtown core is "buzzing" due to the proximity of surrounding buildings as well as the street traffic and pedestrians. While the hotel works to avoid any unnecessary noise, there are certain noises of a busy downtown city that simply cannot be avoided. I believe the Guest Service Team's intension was to move you to the quietest room in the category that you reserved, as we understand some guests are lighter sleepers than others. We certainly value your feedback and will continue to work with our associates to ensure our guests are given the best room possible to ensure they have a comfortable nights sleep.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Ottawa.

M. GIFFORD
Front Office Manager
Sheraton Ottawa Hotel

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Thinking about my recent stay here I feel my room was just a bit tired. I felt let down frankly; recent stays at other hotels including Sheratons had my expectations set. Ah well. Moving on. Other key items at the hotel are just fine: nice room service menu including healthy options; great location and helpful staff.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I have been largely disappointed in one aspect or another of Ottawa hotels - either it's spotty service or bad rooms. But I stayed at the Sheraton this past weekend for business and would make it a strong recommendation for business travellers. Someone is managing the hotel well - rooms are fairly spacious and look recently refreshed (I was on the 12th floor). Price was good - $200 cdn per night - but not bargain. During summer tourism season that's probably a fair exchange. Front desk and other staff very on the ball - I hate to say it as a proud Canadian but it almost felt like US levels of customer service. Canadians will know what I mean.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We just recently stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Ottawa and I must say it was a pleasure. Right from the time we arrived, we were treated very cordially and everyone was helpful and friendly. We had breakfast in the restaurant and we always had constant attentiveness. The room was nice too, we had a large-screen TV and internet there to make us feel at home.....I also ordered a different pillow which they brought to our room immediately and then followed up with a call to make sure we received the correct one. We would definitely stay there again.....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I would most certainly recommend this hotel, very clean, staff very friendly and very helpful. Facailtes were great, nice swimming pool, room service was good. Rooms were very spacious and well equipped.

Trip type: Travelled with family