Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$ 125
Booking.comUS$ 125
Expedia.comUS$ 125
PricelineUS$ 125
eDreamsUS$ 125
Trip.comUS$ 129
1,013 results
All reviews byward market great location parliament hill rideau canal market area walking distance bars and restaurants bit dated downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2019 via mobile

This hotel is close to all the action. The hotel is a little dated but it’s clean and the staff are quite friendly. Hotel has great secure and heated underground parking well with in/out privileges. We will definitely book this hotel again when traveling in the area!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Buntcake98
Customer R, Owner at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback Butcake98.

I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of everything the byward market has to offer! I am pleased to say that we have started renovating our rooms and will have a great feel to them in 2020. The heated section of our underground garage certainly does come in handy for our guests in the winter season.

Hope to host you again soon,

Reviewed 25 November 2019

Excellent location and facility with friendly staff. Comfortable beds and very clean. First floor rooms are abit loud on the weekends late at night, as passerby walk right past the windows, but this is not really avoidable as it is right in the Byward Market. Great parking on site and only $20 a day with in/out privileges. Could not be any better for the price. Very satisfied.

Date of stay: November 2019
Customer R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback Katherine R.

I am pleased to hear you had a great stay with us! Your analysis of the property quite accurate I must stay. We are getting very excited with Winterlude coming right around the corner; another reason to enjoy the location! Hope we get the chance to host you again.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

It wasn’t a great courtyard. I’d give it a 2.5-3 star. The rooms were a little dark. Bed was comfy. The worst part why I wouldn’t stay was the bathrooms. They were so outdated and yuck. There was a flower shower curtain and the tub and sink were so old!!! I didn’t want to bath in it even after I had showered in it for days. The location was great. Walking distance to all kinds of things. The mall, pubs, grocery store etc. Area was quiet at night. Price was ok for right downtown. I didn’t eat at the bistro. Can was $37 from airport so not too bad and was fairly quick. 25 min or less.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank crystaldiannes
Customer R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us crystaldiannes.

I am pleased to let you know that starting on November 1st we will be starting renovations on our rooms. We will be changing the wallpaper, carpet and completely redoing the washrooms. Our new washrooms will feature a much more spacious layout and walk in showers.

The Byward market is a wonderful location to spend free time after work or explore the many tourist attractions in downtown Ottawa. I am happy that you were able to take full advantage of our location.

Yours in hospitality,

Simon L-L

Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. All the staff were helpful and friendly. Not much of a view from the 1st floor rooms. The hotel has a guest laundry, pool and exercise rooms. Equipment was working and clean.

Other than being a bit dated,the decor is nice.

We tried the restaurant three times for various items and had friendly but poor service each time. Everything from a long wait, giving our meal to the wrong customer and having to look for something to open a non-twist off beer bottle. Food was very good and beer was cold though.

We had a hard time printing our boarding passes at both computer stations but the staff were helpful in getting this done.

We appreciated the loaner umbrella on the rainy morning. Check in and out was quick and efficient.

Location is in the heart of the Byward Market. Lots of choices around for eating/drinking and a short stroll to most of the tourist attractions.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tshep42
Reviewed 6 October 2019

The hotel is in a good location, close to all tourist sights, markets, malls and convention center.
The hotel is tired in need of a makeover especially the room I was allocated. I was asked by reception had I booked through Expedia, I corrected her and said Hotels.com
When I got to my room with a concrete block outside of my window so tall I could only see the sky I came to the conclusion that booking through discount sights led to you being allocated the worst rooms.
The bed however was really comfortable and as I was only here for one night I didnt complain. However when I was waiting to check in two ladies were complaining about their rooms.
I didnt eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the restaurants etc

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Customer R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2019

Dear HolidayNan

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our central location! It is common practice at our hotel that we confirm booking information with our guests upon check-in; it is not at all related to the allocation of rooms upon arrival. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a good view out your window. The rooms that face the inside courtyard are quieter for a peaceful sleep, however, some of them do not have the best view.

I hope we get the chance to host you again and provide you with a better experience! In the future feel free to give us a call ahead of time; we would be more than happy to block in a room that meets your requests.

Regards,