3,576 results
All reviews gold floor zoe's lounge president's club byward market rideau canal beautiful hotel classic hotel parliament hill deluxe room ottawa river war memorial an upgrade valet parking national gallery market area visiting ottawa laurier
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Booked a Junior Suite for a weekend, Arrived at 4pm for check-in and was told the room was not ready. Waited 2 hours for until the room was ready. Once in my room, discovered that the AC unit was leaking on the bedroom carpet. Maintenance had left a bath towel in a ball under the unit. Quite untidy. Called the manager and asked to be relocated. He offered a downgrade. I was quite surprised. The ordeal was not resolved until 8pm after several back and forth with Mina the manager who made us feel like our issue was the least of his priority.Highly disappointed in what is considered an upscale location.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
3  Thank elliotdaigneault
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Elliot,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you encountered and poor impression you received upon your arrival at the Hotel.

We regret that the compensation provided was not acceptable to you. However, we do hope you give us another chance and return one day soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Great staff, great location. Wonderful sleep and elegant building. It is a short walk to the National Gallery. Stones throw to a lovely stroll on the canal! We could shop in the TiDeau Centre but there was too much else to do! The cleaning crew were the most helpful I have ever encountered in a hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This is a review for a stay from quite a while ago. I tried this hotel while attending a conference nearby. I have travelled a lot over the years, with total of hundreds of nights at tens of hotels. I have top elite status with the three largest hotel chains in the world. I rarely leave a bad review, and in fact a hotel would have to try hard to get less than four stars from me.

The reason I give this hotel one star is this: I suspect I was treated poorly due to racism. I had arrived 1-2 hours before official check-in time. They said no room was available and I was fine with that so I just waited patiently. I waited in the busy lobby area and watched guests come and go. What was interesting was that many other guests came and checked in and got keys to their rooms, while I continued to just sit there waiting with zero acknowledgement/updates from staff regarding my room. I will point out that none of the other guests I saw check in were visible minorities. After it was PAST official check-in time, I went up to ask about the room. All I received was a dismissive response that still no room ready. Finally, after about an hour PAST official check-in time when I went up to ask again they gave me keys to a room, with no apologies or even acknowledgement of the problem. I'm a very reasonable person, and was not rude or angry at any point, and I paid full rate for the reservation. Unfortunately the only plausible reason for this discrimination is likely related to racism. I only hope it was only a reflection of those few employees, rather than the culture at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank James C
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear James,

I was most disturbed to read your review and wish to assure you that this would never be tolerated by the Hotel. It is certainly not part of our culture, nor would this be tolerated throughout our Brand. I do regret that you did not share this information with us sooner, in order that a thorough investigation could have been conducted. I should also mention, however, that we have never received such a comment from the many guests we welcome year after year.

Should you wish to discuss this with me further, please do contact me directly through the Hotel.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

A gorgeous vintage 1912 hotel. Our room had 2 bathrooms, one with a bath and one with a shower. Beautifully appointed. The bed and sheets and comforter were first class. Staff was courteous and attentive. A great overall experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Steven,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories and we are grateful for your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We loved this hotel. It is a superb building adjacent to the Rideau canal and the Parliament building. It is very central, just close to the market area where all of the nightlife and restaurants are. Very spacious, lovely rooms and a large relaxing bar with great service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family