“Great Staff”

Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I’ve recently stayed at Best Western Victoria Park, Ottawa. The Trip Advisor reviews have already described the rooms accurately. I agree with all those hotel guests saying that it was clean, comfortable etc. I would like to add though that the staff was great and professional despite their young age. I don’t remember all of their names, but Amina, Rebecca, the Guyanese lady keeping up with our room’s cleanliness and comfort were truly exceptional. So much human kindness and positive attitude! It was a stressful work week away from home, but these wonderful people were able to create a peaceful home-like corner in the cold and grey days in Ottawa. Thank you again to all of them, I’ll stay there again during my next visit.

Room Tip: Book as a CAA or AAA member directly with the hotel. You'll get better deals than those offered...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
VictoriaParkSuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for choosing Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites.

We appreciate that you took the time to commend our staff on Trip Advisor. They are truly our greatest asset and we are very proud of our team. They will be so happy to see your kind words.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again!

Amanda Craig, Front Office Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We have stayed twice at the BW Victoria Park Suites and will definitely book again when we visit Ottawa. Location is great, staff is accommodating and friendly. At our last visit we were updated to an Executive Suite. Rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. Great value for the money!!!

Room Tip: If you have CAA, parking is free; that's a big savings...plus you're close enough to downto...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ringer1300

Thank you for choosing Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites.

Thank you as well for taking the time to post your kind words on Trip Advisor. Our staff follow Trip Advisor often and comments like yours are great motivation for them.

We look forward to seeing you again in Ottawa!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I got a really good rate on this hotel, and the staff still upgraded me to an executive suite! Lovely corner room with separate bedroom (very, very comfortable bed), nice sized bathroom, and two large flat-screen TVs. Reception staff was extremely friendly, efficient, and helpful. Rooms are slightly (only very slightly) dated, but very clean. Kitchenette has small fridge, dishware, etc. Continental breakfast provided is average, but does the trick.

Room Tip: If you get a regular room, ask if it has an ajoining room door in it...these can be a bit noisy. The...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Perpetual-Motion1

Thank you for choosing Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites.

We appreciate that you took the time to post a great review for us on Trip Advisor, thank you!

Last year, our guest rooms were updated to include i-Home radios, flat screen televisions and new bedding amenities. I did notice you mentioned some items in our rooms were a little dated and I hope you will contact me to perhaps elaborate on that. We welcome this feedback as it helps us to keep improving our hotel.

To reach me directly you can call my direct line 613-288-0986 or email me at amanda@victoriapark.com.

Thank you again and have the BEST day!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I like this hotel, a lot! I've stayed here twice now.

Staff is very friendly, rooms which are big suites are very nice and comfortable. The location is really good too, close to all the tourist sites and walking distance to great restaurants. The price is also fantastic compared to other hotels in the same area which I'm sure have much smaller rooms than we get. The best part is the beds, sooooo comfortable!

I'll be back again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stevefranco2219

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites and taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you like our hotel and staff so much.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Nation's Capital.

Have the BEST day!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights for business. The staff is nice,but when I had asked for a room on a high floor they said there was none available. I told them I needed a room that was quiet as I am a light sleeper and they put me on the third floor by a busy street. I needed to make sure the air conditioner ran the entire time in order to sleep due to the traffic noise. Make sure if you stay here to get an upper floor room unless you are sound sleeper.

The breakfast is good cereal French toast , eggs,sausage etc...large eating area. No restaurant attached to hotel , but restaurants not too far away on Elgin or Bank street.

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor away from traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Wondermouse

Thank you for choosing Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites.

I am sorry to hear that we did not have your preferred room type available when you arrived. We always do our best to honor requests that are given to us when the reservation is made.

Thank you for kind words about our nice staff and breakfast.

For your next stay, we would appreciate the opportunity to show you why we have climbed the ladder on Trip Advisor. If you contact me personally to make your reservation, I would of course note your request for a higher floor and I would also upgrade your room for free if a suite is available.

To contact me directly, please call 613-288-0986 or email amanda@victoriapark.com. You will have to quote this Trip Advisor review and confirm your previous stay to take advantage of the free upgrade.

Please contact me as well if I can help with anything further.

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with Trip Advisor.