“Tasty Thai Food and Great Presentation ”
Review of Baan Thai

Baan Thai
Ranked #224 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Lunch special includes soup, mango salad, Thai curry and stir-fry that come in these beautiful blue ceramic plates. Lemongrass tea is very special that I also highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

A simple but cosy place. It serves Yummi food with a Thai flair! The spices can be adjusted to ones liking. Would go back any time.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Fantastic Thai food served with Thai flair. The presentaion of the foods in delighful and the spiciness can be adjusted to your preference. Have visited frequenly and have never been disapppointed.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

They keep it small and they keep it simple. Wonderful Thai food in a cozy atmosphere, now one of the longer surviving restaurants in this little mall. Greek, Italian and pizza have all tried and failed here. This one is a keeper.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

I have been coming here for years. I used to work nearby and often came for lunch. In the past, we put up with the slow service (or lack of) as the food was great and occassionally the service was good too. However, after my experience on Sat. March 5th, I will never eat here again. I had made reservations 2 weeks prior for 9 people. The lady explained to me at the time that we would have to sit at 2 tables but they’d be beside each other. That was fine and acceptable as I know the restaurant is small. I was having family from out of town and wanted them to try this place which is why I booked 2 weeks in advance. On the drive to the restaurant (we live about 20 min away), I called them to inquire about our reservation and that we will be there 5 min late. No problem they said. We arrive and the place is full. The 9 of us crammed into their little entry and staff whizzed by us like we were not there. Took several minutes before an older lady spoke to us. I explained that we had reservations and she said one of the tables is ready. She told me the other table wasn’t ready but the people have finished eating and will be leaving soon. The table that was ready was the one right by the entrance on the left. They put a chair at the end of the table to accommodate 5 of us. The other table was at the back of the restaurant (so not beside each other as promised) and the people sitting there looked like they were not in a rush to leave anytime soon. Our 5 guests went ahead and took the first table and my family of 4 decided to wait for the other table. Meanwhile I was stewing about the fact that we were not together and the chair at the end was rediculous as anytime someone entered or left the restaurant would bump into my cousin sitting there. It felt like 10 minutes of waiting and our table was still not ready. I spoke to my family and asked them what they wanted to do. Everyone was in the mood for Thai food and looking forward to it but the fact that our one main meal together was going to be spent separately made our decision clear. That and the fact that no staff came to apologize, check on us or anything. Again, we were invisible. I was so embarrased. I did my due diligience by booking in advance and even calling while on our way. To arrive to such poor treatment really turned me off of this place. I don’t care how good the food is. When service is that poor…makes me wonder what they are doing in the kitchen and now I wouldn’t trust to eat there. So, we all just walked away and went to another restaurant who gave us a private room (it was so late by this time, we could have eaten anywhere). I don’t think the staff at Ba’an Thai noticed that we left. Don’t spend your hard earned money here.

7  Thank CarrieinOttawa