Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 135
US$ 159
US$ 134
SAVE US$ 25
Free cancellation until 25/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$ 134
eDreamsUS$ 134
HurbUS$ 159
All reviews great hotel metro station complimentary breakfast and evening order omelettes garden inn power outage prepare meals full kitchen breakfast staff huge suite breakfast was excellent sparks street modern look rooms are beautiful ottawa downtown parking pass nice pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2020

We stayed for 4 nights (I think) in November 2020. The hotel is clean, spacious, and located downtown towards the west side and close to all downtown government buildings. The room we had is also spacious clean and everything was in order, except that kitchen had only one small spoon and 2 forks and only one (large cutting knife). The staff is helpful and provide whatever you are missing.

So why am I giving such a low score? The Province, including Ottawa, is gripped by the serious explosion of Covid-19. The hotel has all the requisite dots and acrylic shields required by the governments, but the staff aggregates and seemingly socialize near the reception (even though only one person actually serves guests at any given time. It was challenging to keep sufficient social distance. Even more serious was a cluster of apparently socializing staff (as many as 4 people at a time) clustered immediately next to the elevators. The passage is very narrow and you almost had to touch all the staff congregating in the passage. That was happening repeatedly until I complained to them. After that, there was typically 2 staff immediately next to the elevators. The area is poorly ventilated (poor air exchange) and that means the exhaled virus from an infected staff would linger for days. Given that the Covid virus looses about 1/2 its activity every hour, the guest are not only exposed to the exhaled air that may contain the virus not only directly but also from the air even an hour or 2 after the potentially infected staff would leave the area. If you are at a high-risk group, beware. The complaint did not solve the problem, just reduced the risk somewhat. I think that the management is either ill-informed about the risk or negligent in minimizing the risk and training their staff properly to minimize the risk to their guests. A lot of people are getting sick and some die under very unpleasant circumstances. I would expect that a company like Hilton would act better to protect their guests. We are in our 70's and have other conditions that make us vulnerable and we dreaded having to go to or from the levators.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank Pavel M
Concord Hospitality, Marketing at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Dear Pavel M,

The safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. We conduct daily temperature checks on our associates, require masks of guests and associates, enforce social distancing, and have adjusted every service and amenity to accommodate all safety recommendations. We hope that this has restored your faith in us and that you will consider a return visit. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Great hotel and great location. Close to the bike / walking path along the river. The staff followed the covid protocols very closely. Breakfast was amazing.
Whellan who helped us check in was knowledge and provided excellent customer service. He made our stay very welcoming. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Concord Hospitality, Marketing at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2020

Dear dhoroovers,

It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our clean rooms and great location, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Best,

Reviewed 25 August 2020

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in mid August for our anniversary. This was the 2nd time we had stayed at this property. The hotel itself is very nice and the staff is very friendly. My big concern is managements failure to communicate with customers.

We had checked in on the Hilton App and selected our room which was a 1 bedroom, river view suite. When we arrived, there was a lot of confusion and they said our room was not ready and eventually that changed to not available. The manager that was working that day explained that there were no 1 bedroom, river views available because someone had extended their stay. In my mind this is not acceptable as this is the type of room we had booked. We were downgraded and although the manager did reduce our rate it was not the room we wanted.

Our second issue was the fact that this hotel is a quarantine hotel......floors of the hotel are available for people who are quarantining for 14 days. This caused numerous issues, especially with the elevators, which in some cases took 25 minutes to get to our room. Management should have notified us of this fact either before we booked or at the least when we checked in.

The third issue happened on our second day in the afternoon. We heard some commotion in the hallway outside our room and when I stepped out into the hallway, I was greeted by the Ottawa City Police Tactical Unit. There were about 6 police officers in the hallway and another 3 or 4 in the room directly across from our room. I was asked by one of the officers if we had heard anything going on in the room across the hall.....which we had not. Once again, we would have expected that the management of the hotel would have contacted us to assure us that everything was fine and there was nothing to worry about......but we heard nothing.

We did send an email to the General Manager of the property, Wayne Day, but after waiting for more than 10 days with no response we decided to post this review on Trip Advisor.

We have been loyal Hilton Honors Members for many years and we are very disappointed with the management of this property.

1  Thank JefffromOntario
Concord Hospitality, Marketing at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Dear JefffromOntario,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My heartfelt apologies for disappointing you due to the room type you were assigned. I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your anniversary stay. I've looked through my email and can't find your message; please forgive our breakdown in communication. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2020

spent 3 nights here with the grand kids. Booked a one bedroom suite river view which means we got a perfect view of the parliament buildings. This hotel in the middle of a pandemic went well above and beyond my expectations for safety of all of the visitors.
Breakfast included, served to you,
the pool and the gym are open.
All areas are clean and well monitored.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I have a chance to return to Ottawa this would be my home during the time that I was there

Room tip: river view was an amazing view
Date of stay: August 2020
Concord Hospitality, Marketing at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

Dear travelbugs008,

Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation. We’re pleased to hear our clean updated hotel, amenities, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciated having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 16 August 2020

The check in was unacceptable and unsafe. No social distancing and the agent did not wear a mask.

The elevator wait was 15 minutes everytime as this is a quarantine hotel and we were NOT informed prior to the stay or even at check in.

My vehicle was compromised in the parking and there was no effort to contact me or support.

My reserved room was not available and I was downgraded. My downgraded room had an intense odour.

Guests were in breakfast area and lobby with no masks and no staff even attempted to request them to have a mask.

I attempted to reach management while onsite twice and was not followed up with.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 647jamiew

Dear 647jamiew,

We want all our guests to enjoy their visit, so I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Our associates are mask compliant and we do request them of our guests. Additionally, we are doing everything we can to follow all pandemic safety guidelines as the safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. I'm very sorry that we let you down this visit. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a pleasant experience in the future. Thank you for staying with us.