“Amazing lunch and don't forget dessert”

Sur Lie French Restaurant Ottawa
Reserve with OpenTable
Sur Lie French Restaurant Ottawa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 41
Description: Sur Lie Restaurant features modern french cuisine in a pleasant cozy environment. Located in the center of Ottawa's Byward market it is a popular destination for both locals and tourists. The restaurant features one of the best patios in the city for those warm months. The main Chef, Nick works incredibly hard to surprise the clientele with ever changing menu.
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This cozy bistro serves imaginative well presented very tasty food. The rabbit and scallops were exceptional dishes with excellent wine pairings.
However the raspberry shortcake (with almond dacquoise, honey-chocolate ganache, raspberry sorbet, lime marshmallow) was among the best desserts I've ever experienced.
This is a hidden gem. We will be back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sur Lie French Restaurant Ottawa

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We thought we would try this restaurant after reading reviews. We were not disappointed. We were seated in the bar area beside a window. The host did offer us the patio as an option but we preferred to be inside. Service was very good , we were never rushed and did not wait long for items to arrive. The choices for appetizers are great. My wife had the snow crab and I had the beet salad. Both were excellent with a nice mixture of flavours. For the main I had the haddock while my wife enjoyed the scallops. Again very well presented and outstanding flavours, hit all the right buttons. We passed on desert, too full.
They have a nice wine list both by the glass and by the bottle. We found the prices reasonable on all items and will return.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

After two weeks in nearly 150-year-old Canada, mon ami finally let me eat French. It was fabulous. Evening sun cast a wonderful light, the welcome was immediate, even with an after-work crew at the bar. We chose inside (there is an open area at the back, slightly less charmant but must be good in summer) and lovely Catherine gave us the franglais lesson about "Sur Lie". Chablis perfect, Chinon a bit past it. Scallops superb, lamb excellent (my fault for asking for "a point" -- they cook things exactly like the French). Bread (offered, as it should be) fresh and good. (Another mate, a maitre d', says: "it is not a meal without bread".) Everything just right; service appeared when you wanted it. Friendly but not intrusive. What a pleasure. No dregs here!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I held a business dinner for eight in their curtained-off private dining area. The service and food was excellent and I thought the price was very reasonable. It could have been a bit warmer though.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I popped in to this place on Murray Street (which used to be the Murray Street Restaurant) for lunch on a whim and was swept off my feet! The service was fantastic and the food and wine were to die for! To start, I had the beef tartare which was an awesome dish and big enough to share. Then I had the scallops in a curry mousse which was absolutely divine and I finished off with the chocolate mandarine desert. I never order desert but this one was well worth it. It was a candied mandarine peel filled with a chocolate gelato and seared fluffy egg whites and pound cake. Delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant!