“A new take on dim sum ”

Makita Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #270 of 2,840 Restaurants in Ottawa
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped by Sunday am and were rewarded with a delicious fresh approach to dim sum . The shrimp shumai was a work of art : plump tasty shrimp dumplings on large orange slices carrot . The fried chicken buns and falafel buns were also soft and crispy at the same time . Now we are liking froward to come back for dinner.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

My wife and I ate here recently and really enjoyed it. The food was delicious and the server was very knowledgeable and friendly (plus, she made a great whiskey sour!). It has a really cool vibe based on the unique décor. All in all, one of the best dining experiences we have had in a long time. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

No one was there on the Sunday we had dim sum and that was puzzling. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The server was very friendly and the coffee isn't bad. Would expect their dim sum to start getting busy.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

What a surprise this place is; great for dinner and a drink or drinks and a snack. It was a not too crowded feeling, yet, it is quite cozy. There felt like just the right level of music playing for pleasant listening and it was still easy to chat without shouting!

Plus the food is truly unique and tasty. I liked it so much that I wish I had discovered it earlier this year.

My husband and I are sure to go back again. ... and our 20-ish son says he want to take his buddies there soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I went with two friends for a Saturday evening dinner. The service was excellent and the server was well-versed in describing items on the menu. We ordered three dishes from the dim-sum menu, and two salads from the dinner menu. The ingredients were fresh and very tasty !!! Too full for dessert, we finished the meal with a Vietnamese coffee and we're quite satisfied .... Makita is worth going back to ...