Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$ 88
Free cancellation until 22/04/21
HIExpress.com
US$ 89
Free cancellation until 22/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$ 91
US$ 74
SAVE US$ 17
Booking.comUS$ 88
PricelineUS$ 88
getaroom.comUS$ 91
All reviews ottawa airport front desk shuttle service checking out downtown tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

We had a reservation booked since early July 2020. We arrived at the hotel to a sign that said the hotel was closed but our reservation would be honoured at the Hampton Inn next door. It was. These hotels are two different brands- IHG and Hilton, so we were surprised that the reservation was honoured. The Hampton staff told us that the owner has 3 hotels in this plaza (2 of the Hilton brand & this Holiday Inn Express) and they only keep as many hotels open as they can fill during Covid. We were upset that they didn’t notify us ahead of time.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

Hello NurseMP,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

While I understand your dismay learning about our hotel’s closed status, I am happy that they accepted your accommodation at one of our owner’s hotels. I recognize that being informed ahead of time could have set proper expectations. Trust that we’re always looking out for our guests’ best interests, and we will immediately share your remarks to our hotel’s executive management for improvements on our amenities and services.

I’ve also sent you a private message that should now be in your inbox discussing your stay further.

Best,

Kenneth F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

We had a really unpleasant stay. We were having a night away from the kids so we checked in and stashed our bags in the room and went out for the night when we got back at around 11 we were upset to find the bedding looked like it hadn’t been changed in a while and the shower dirty and shower head full of calcium build up. After many unsuccessful attempts to get ahold of front desk staff I went to the front desk and couldn’t find anyone. My wife and I slept on top of the bedding in our clothes. I brought the issue up and with the help of the staff they were able to help bring our trust back and we will try the hotel again another time when they aren’t doing Reno’s. Bad stay but at least the staff was able to make it up to us and apologized thank you.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

We ended up at the Holiday Inn after the Hampton Inn in the same complex couldn’t honour our reservation. The hotel was under renovation. The floor was being tiled in front of the front desk. And that guy was not going to move. I checked in with him literally under my feet. Upon check-in we were told that breakfast service was not up and running and we would have to go across the parking lot back to the Hampton for breakfast.
The rooms were clean and typical. The bed was ridiculously hard and it felt like I had slept on a concrete slab.
The pool area was really small and there weren’t any towels. We asked at the front desk for a replenishment twice but they never arrived. We ended up taking the last two from the gym so who knows if they ever were restocked.
The parking lot was disgraceful. Knowing that your guests have to cut through it on foot for breakfast you’d think they’d put some sand or salt down. Also, the accessible parking spots were being used for snow piling.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible for our guests, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback very seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2020

Fair nothing more. Front desk not friendly or overly courteous; breakfast not included and expensive. Room decent size, not close to any shopping. Getting taxis services to and from the hotel was very rapid.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations.We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible for our guests, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback very seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2020

I stayed at this property on February 4, 2020. This property is in the process of being renovated. I arrived at approximately 2240 and was assigned room 209. I asked for a room that was far away from the elevator and the ice machine. The night manager said that that was the only room that they had left, but all the rooms are quiet. I then asked if I could have late checkout and he said that the latest he could do was 1300. Okay, I will have to plan the next day accordingly.

The room itself was very comfortable. I noticed that there was a opaque blind, that I could see the outside parking lights through. I would have to say that in all the hotels that I have stayed at, the bed and the pillows were probably the comfiest. There was a desk and chair where I could sit to eat and do my paperwork. The only negative I had about the bathroom, was that there was 2 curly hairs on the back of the tub rim. Yuck!!!!!

The breakfast included was more than adequate. For the hot items, there were 2 different types of omelettes, bacon, and sausage. There were enough choices to choose from.

As I had never been to Ottawa before, I wanted to check out Rideau Canal, the Parliament Building, and downtown. I had no idea how much public transit was and where the bus stop was. This is where Sandra at Front Desk came in. She found out for me how much transit fare was, changed my bill so that I had the correct change, and pointed out which way to the bus stop. Wow. Nice.

After a morning of adventure, I made it back to the hotel. I was in a rush. I told Sandra that I had been given late checkout for 1300. She says no need to rush, you can stay until 1400, which is the latest checkout time, before being charged a half day rate. Whaaat? I inquired about somewhere to eat as the previous night's beyond meat burger and lukewarm fries from a fast food outlet were disappointing. Sandra suggested Greek on Wheels which was within walking distance. It was a very good suggestion.

I ended up checking out at 1330. Sandra told me when I was checking out that the shuttle could have dropped me off and picked me up from the SouthKeys Mall. Oh my gosh, why did she not tell me that earlier. I could have stored my luggage at the hotel, but really, I had no where to pack any new purchases. Sandra also told me that there was a a black out blind either behind or in front of the opaque blind. Now, I find out!!!

The shuttle service to the airport was very efficient. I was the only person going to the airport.

This hotel is in the process of renovations. Other than the ?fire alarm going off at 0700ish and the elevator being temporarily out of order, this did not impact my stay. It would also have been great if the night manager had told me about the black out blind, and late checkout could be pushed to 1400 at the very latest. It's amazing how a bit of customer service can go such a long way. Good job Sandra!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Leefam
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. Thank you for the great feedback and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.