“Good place to stay in Ottawa”

Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Best Western Plus Durham Hotel is a comfortable place to stay. However, you should be warned that it is not very accessible. Anyone with any mobility issues should stay clear. There is a flight of stairs to climb to register and to bring in luggage. It is an older hotel that has been renovated and I understand plans are underway to build a lift to comply with new government regulations. I stayed for four days. The room was comfortable. I had a few cool nights as the heat was turned off; the night attendant was willing to try to get the heat back on but said that it would take several hours. So I just used an extra blanket. I had one missed wake up call, but fortunately I woke up on time on my own. The bathrooms are small with a sink outside the bathroom. But the furniture is new; the coffee makers work; the beds are very comfortable; the rooms spotless and they had a good size closet. Also a hair dryer, coffee maker, etc. I wish that there had been in-house movies, but none. The rate was reasonable. I stayed for four nights. Yes, the breakfasts were good too.

Room Tip: First floor have patio doors. I don't like these so I was glad to be on the second floor; howeve...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Overall, a very nice, comfortable, reasonable hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Great beds, breakfast, staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I spend a lot of time in hotels for business. I needed to be up early and ready to drive all day. the hotel was easy to find right off Highway 402 on Bloor st. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfy with lots of pillows. breaksfast was bacon,eggs and pancakes, althgether a nice place to stay while being reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank froggy d
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a hockey tournament in the area. I wasn't expecting much but I was very impressed with the service. The room was clean and large and spacious and the breakfast was great. It was easy to find, just off the highway and was close to the major shopping mall which was great as I had to make an emergency run for equipment my son forgot. My first time in the area and the trip was very successful. The hotel and the staff was great.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank G F
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We had booked 6 rooms at the hotel for a family gathering in Oshawa. All the rooms were clean and nice. We stayed in a room with 2 queen/double beds, the beds were very comfortable and the pillows were excellent (my wife is very picky about pillows). Others stayed in rooms with a king bed, the one room with a king bed was nice but the other one which was a VIP room was even better as it was much larger with a couch in it. The room that I would stay in next time would be the hospitality room which had a large entertaining area separate from the bedroom but was supposedly only $7 per night more expensive. The buffet breakfast was good with eggs, bacon, pancakes and waffles along with traditional muffins and such. The staff was very helpful and accomodating as we had to shuffle rooms several times because of children. We did not have a chance to use the wi-fi although it was available to us. Overall this was a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the VIP room with the King bed and/or the Hospitality Room, it may be worth the extra mone...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank onnick
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Dear Onnick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this kind feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Durham Hotel and Conference Centre. Our team takes great pride in ensuring that our guests stay is stress free and enjoyable. Yes I agree with you100% our beds and pillows are fabulous, in fact we just recently upgraded all of our rooms with brand new Cheshire Serta Pillow top mattresses which are some of the best in the business, while our pillows are from our Best Western Dream Maker Collection . We look forward to welcoming you back when ever you may be in the Oshawa/Whitby area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK