All reviews rooms are small king street free wifi would highly recommend this hotel parking is limited parking garage downtown area waffles street noise stay there again price range night's sleep bed was very comfortable continental breakfast front desk staff sausage puppy
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Fairly new Hotel. Good location if you have to go to downtown Oshawa.
After I paid cash for my room, Lisa on the front desk asked for credit card as security. Next morning I found out she charged my card 3 times listing 3different room numbers. When I asked the front desk in the morning they told me I have to deal with Lisa later. When she finally arrived she would not help me and I had to contact the credit card company and bookings to get these frivolous charges removed. Be forewarned. I learned that I am not the only one this has happened to.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank heinzalbert
Reviewed 2 March 2016

We stayed here for one night during a recent trip to the Ontario area.

The hotel is very well situated for all the amenities of Oshawa. It is also perfect for the nearby GM Centre.

The room was clean and tidy and had everything that you needed. We were at the front of the hotel, so the noise was a little loud as it overlooked the main street.

For the price this location is faultless. You get what you pay for.

The staff were very friendly and could not help enough. The breakfast was OK, not great but good enough.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Located right in downtown Oshawa. There were some sketchy people hanging out in front of the hotel when we arrived. My kids were nervous to get out of the van. I had requested a "quiet room" when I made our reservation and we were given a room on the first floor next to the elevators and the door leading to the back parking lot. Was told by front desk that they could not switch our room. When we first walked to our room we could smell marijuana from down the hall. People were coming in and out of the back door all night, talking at the top of their lungs. Kids were running the hallways until midnight. Walls are paper thin. We were literally woken up every hour. I did call the front desk around 11:30 pm to complain about the noise. The next morning I spoke to the front desk and was told that it isn't normally like that and that we should give them another try. She said they knew they would get complaints but showed little compassion to the fact that we had such a horrible stay. The room was very tiny. I would not recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ejbmom3
Reviewed 29 February 2016

This is a nice, clean and affordable hotel. Check in and check out were great, however I cannot say the same for the night time staff who were aggressive and confrontational. We rented two larger rooms as we were celebrating 3 birthdays. Upon returning to the hotel within 5 minutes we were asked to keep the noise down which we immediately did. No more than 10 minutes later we were approached again by the night staff and spoken to in a VERY aggressive and confrontational manner, told that we were going to be charged an extra $250.00 for noise complaints????? We were also told that we were allowed no more than 5 people in the room which was never mentioned beforehand nor posted on any signage. Luckily the check-out staff were very accommodating and told us that a party room is available in the basement should we want to celebrate the next time we are in town. The night effectively ruined our stay at this hotel and put a real damper on the night.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank TurtleLovers
Reviewed 25 February 2016

Very convenient location in the heart of the city. Breakfast was excellent and the entire staff was helpful and always had a smile. My room was on the small side but suited my purpose for this trip, the room was clean and comfortable with premium TV channels, lots of good restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo