All reviews college dorm student residence main hall double bed laundry room free wifi accommodation microwave desk elevator canadian tv canada
Reviewed 19 July 2016

First off .. this is a college dorm which is being let out as a hotel during the summers.
There is a kitchenette in the room but no kitchen (Stove etc ). There are 2 common Kitchens in every floor which you can use.
If you are looking at a room with 2 beds - it is actually 2 rooms with a bed each. The beds were a double bed at best but were comfortable.
The location appears deserted - but has all basic needs nearby - there is a Habba within walkable distance and a grocery store ( Metro) which is about 1 mile away. There is a bus that comes into the campus but am not sure where it goes to.
We did have an LCD monitor in every room but were not sure what it was for and did not use it.
Very Quiet and it is about 5 minutes away from QEW and very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Kelly M, Manager at Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you Arun, we enjoy all the feedback we receive.

if we can be of any help in your future travel plans, please do not hesitate to be in touch.

Have a great year,
Sales Manager - Oakville & Brampton

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

..... Except it would have been nice to have hot coffee available in the morning. Which was not to be had. That said, it was a clean area. But beds were too small, not enough toilet paper and Parking was too far and inconvenient. I was glad to be in a true hotel the next night.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I think they rent out these room for guests when school at summer vacation. Book online is much cheaper than walk in. For example, we booked 6 nights and got discount, paid CAD$60 per night.
2 individual rooms, big enough and clean.
This hotel connect with college INSIDE.
You can call this hotel for information from USA for free (no international charge)
If you send your kids study here, this is best hotel to stay, around CAD$600 per month including water and electricity, cheaper than rent apartment from outside. The important thing is it is safe and very convenience. And free WIFI.

Room Tip: There are bus stop, but you need check bus route on weekends, most time bus doesn't stop on weekend or holiday. Double check on website, please. City bus cost CAD$3.50 per ride. If you want to save money, you can walk to Oakville GO Station about 35 mins.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank JULIE20132014
OakvilleDavid, Director of Sales at Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your comments. We all appreciate them here at the Residence.

Please let us know when you will be returning, we will look forward to it.

Thanks again and have a great summer.

David

Reviewed 16 May 2015

I have been returning to the Sheridan Conference Centre, Oakville each May for the last five years for the following reasons..Long-term stay rates are absolutely fabulous., staff are warm and accommodating, shopping and transportation is close-by, housekeeping staff keep the rooms immaculate and there is free Wi-Fi and cable TV.

Once again I look forward to returning to Sheridan Conference Centre, Oakville. It has become my home away from home.

Here's to many more years of our relationship, Sheridan, Oakville.

Anne Bloomberg
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne B
OakvilleDavid, Director of Sales at Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Hello Anne,

Thank you for your review. Our wonderful staff and Management always like to hear this. I have e-mailed your review to all of the employees in Oakville.

We look forward to seeing you many more years to come.

Have a wonderful summer Anne.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

After many years of staying at the Sheridan residence it might be time for me to choose another place. I stay here one night each summer. I originally picked it 6 years ago because it's inexpensive (less than $100 a night) and you don't have to give a credit card to reserve a room.
They used to have breakfast items out in the morning; now they have nothing- not even coffee or tea. And the hallway we stayed in was under construction- plaster spattered on the rug, walls in disarray, a screw on the floor. It would be nice if they have mentioned it when we called or when we checked in. Or how about an "excuse our appearance" sign?
The rooms in this place are dorm rooms with only beds in the rooms. There isn't a light next to the bed, or any items in the kitchen. The bottom sheet didn't fit so my feet were on the mattres pad.
I had to call twice to reserve a wheelchair accessible room (costing me $7.50 in phone bills), and when we checked in, they put me in a non accessible room. We trucked back down to the front desk with all of our stuff. Fortunately the accessible room was available. This has happened in past visits.
So why might I go back? It's safe. The people are nice. It's down the street from a Whole Foods. It's location is convenient on my drive. Old habits are hard to break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank abh345678
OakvilleDavid, Manager at Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Hello, and thank you for your feedback.

I apologize your stay wasn't up to yours, and our standards. Since we are a student residence, we can only do renovations in the summer, and we try to make sure everyone is aware when we need to do major ones. I am sorry this was not communicated to you properly.

With the renovations, we lost the ability to do breakfast, but we did have $5 Tim Horton cards at the front desk that you should have received at check-in. This was the best we could do to keep the breakfast in for this past summer.

We hope to see you again, and wish you a very happy 2014/2015 Season.