Globetrotters Bed and Breakfast
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/05
US$ 240
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
US$ 166
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$ 360
US$ 263
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 294/night.

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$ 172
US$ 140
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$ 247
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 304/night.

US$ 247
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 275/night.

Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$ 227
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 276/night.

Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
TripAdvisor
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssultan's tentcrystal palacebeautifully appointed and immaculateextensive travelsfresh fruit and homemadegracious hostsfood restrictionsbeautiful housemain dishperfect venueeach morningfantastic weekendstayed here for two nightsshaw festivalmy husband and iegg dishesclose to downtown
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My wife and I lucked out with this wonderful B&B. We were looking for a long weekend away from our home in Pittsburgh and decided on NOTL. This was our third time in the region and had stayed at other B&B's before. We were pleasantly surprised by this quaint B&B.

Accomodating:
My wife and I arrived earlier than our scheduled check-in time of 2PM and were met warmly by Donna. Donna showed us around the common areas and explained features of the B&B. Donna also showed us a map of the area and pointed out some of her and Fernando's favorite spots. Donna was even kind enough to make a dinner reservation for us (Ginger's).

Room:
We stayed in the Sultan's tent on the second floor. The room is HUGE and a tremendous value. Donna and Fernando's home is decorated with interesting antiques from their extensive travels. The room has a large bed in the main room. The bed was very comfortable and there were a number of pillows to choose. Also, leave your iPhone charger at home. Each room has an iPod alarm clock. There is a second room which is somewhat of a parlor. This room has two single beds, two chairs and is a wonderful room to relax in while reading or just catching up with your partner. The bathroom was clean and shower gels are provided. The shower is small, but we knew that going in. If you are looking for a bath, you will have to book the Moulin Rouge.

Food:
Amazing! Fernando is a wonderful chef. We had no food allergies, but Donna and Fernando were attentive and asked if we had any dietary concerns when we first checked into their home. Fresh fruit and coffee accompanied each breakfast and Fernando's homemade croissants were wonderful. Did I mention the homemade jams and jellies?

Location:
When we first booked this B&B we thought the location was going to be a negative factor, however, we found the location to be perfect. Although we chose not to walk to the business district, it is just a short walk, maybe 20 mins. The location is perfect for getting to a number of wineries. The neighborhood and the B&B is very quiet. If you are interested in renting bikes there is a location just about a 5-10 minute walk away.

We loved our weekend getaway and we will definitely stay here again when we are in the NOTL area. Donna and Fernando were friendly and very accommodating. This inn is a wonderful value.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sultan's tent and the room is very spacious with an adjoining parlor with two small beds. We found this room to be wonderful when we came back to enjoy some quiet time in the room to relax and read. If you want a soaking tub be sure to request the Moulin Rouge room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Donna V, Owner at Globetrotters Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to post such a wonderful review. We look forward to your return visit. Take care.

Donna & Fernando

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Could not have had a better time , outstanding , can't wait to go back. Donna & Fernando made us feel very much at home and they helped us plan our weekend , wonderful !

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Globetrotters for 2 nights and 3 days. We're from Toronto, and had planned this weekend away in Niagara On The Lake to explore some wineries, do some horseback riding and enjoy the fireworks in Niagara Falls. This was his first time doing anything of the sort, so it was incredibly important for me as a seasoned NOTL B&B goer that everything was perfect.

I was lucky enough to stumble across Donna and Fernando's B&B on Tripadvisor, and thanks to all the amazing reviews, I gave Donna a call and booked it. The BEST decision I have made in a long time!

Location:

They are located around the corner from a community centre, and about a 10 min. drive away from the one main street in NOTL. In my mind, they were in the perfect location, close to everything, but with enough distance away from the main street so that you're not caught up in busy pedestrian traffic.

The House and Room:

Upon our arrival, Fernando cheerily accepted us into his kitchen, and gave us a general overview of the Niagara On the Lake region while waiting for Donna to come over and give us a more in depth tour. Donna then showed us around the main floor, which included a large, welcoming, yet still cozy living room, with a flat screen tv and satellite. Off to the side of this room was the breakfast nook area. Which reminded me of a colourful french bistro. Bright, fun, yet cozy. We were then led through the hallway, where there was a small den area, with a bar fridge, 2 large lounge chairs, a kettle, a large tea selection, books, magazines...You name it, they had it! We were also allowed to use this area of the house to store anything that needed to be refrigerated, or just relax. Most of the main first floor was open for use.

We were then led to our room, Le Moulin Rouge. I can't express how ecstatic I was to see that the pictures on the website did not do this room justice. It was large enough to fit 4 people, with room to spare. It was beautifully and tastefully decorated, with rich colours and fabrics. The room had a romantic asian feel to it. Lots of orange and red. There was a queen size canopy bed, and two day beds!! The linens were soft, you could tell a lot of consideration went into the thread count. There was one day bed in the closet, which was more like a small room than a closet, it was huge =). Somehow, even with the size of the room being as large as it was, it still maintained a cozy, comfortable, warm feel. I would give this credit to Donna's decorating talents. There was even a bathtub large enough for two in the bathroom.

The home was simply amazing. The attention to trim work, detail to exposed beams in the living room, the tastefully placed, international, decorative items, there was a warm and welcoming feel without the country home style. It was a nice change of pace for what I was used to in most B&B places in NOTL.

The Breakfast:

My boyfriend and I had a few special dietary requests due to some severe food allergies, which does make breakfast a difficult meal to serve, but Fernando was not only incredibly accommodating, but created something of a masterpiece for my bf.

The first day, we had fresh fruit to start, there were croissants on the table, which were the best croissants I have EVER tasted. I found out later that Fernando makes these himself, and they take about 12 hours to make....Oh My Lanta!! But sooo good!! There was also some fresh homemade jam, orange juice and coffee for us. Then the main breakfast dish was served. I felt like a spoiled princess. There was a egg souffle, with cheese and other wonderful things packed into this cute little tower, plated gorgeously on a rectangular dish. My BF was served a potato souffle, with cheese, and some nutmeg. When both of us took our first bite, we sorta let out a little "yum" noise. We were full and happy after breakfast.

The second day, we started with the same, fresh fruit, croissants, coffee, juice...and wait for it....we were served fluffy blueberry pancakes, sprinkled with chocolate (or cocoa), and served with REAL maple syrup. These pancakes were literally PERFECT!! They looked like something out of a Gourmet magazine. Just amazing.

The Hosts:

When we woke up and went downstairs for breakfast, we were greeted by the tempting smells of savory food, and Donna. She was so sweet, and wanted to know how we slept, and if the room temperature was ok, or if there was anything else we required. I thought this was incredibly thoughtful of her. Donna and Fernando were both incredibly knowledgeable with the surrounding area, provided us with a local map, and even highlighted a few places they would eat at, what kind of entertainment was provided at some restaurants/bars, and what wineries were known for their reds / whites / ice wines. They gave us an envelope of passes we could use at several wineries for free tastings, and coupons for discounts on some of the surrounding restaurants. They are a lovely couple, who are incredibly nice and friendly. Some of their world experience and stories are simply astonishing. Their experience and love for entertaining shows through everything they do.

Donna and Fernando make this Bed and Breakfast extraordinary, their personal touch is sprinkled all over their amazing home! My boyfriend and I felt extremely privileged to have stayed at Globetrotters, and lucky to have such wonderful hosts.

Brad and I will be returning to Globetrotters anytime we are staying in Niagara on the Lake. Why choose mediocre when you can have excellence =)

**They don't have a pool, but I can't figure out how to NOT select a rating for it. Sorry for the confusion**

Room Tip: Le Moulin Rouge is big enough for a family of 4, large, but cozy for a couple, and would be a perfect Girl's getaway room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lin C
ffvdv, Owner at Globetrotters Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking the time to post your amazing review. We did note that you indicated Globetrotters B&B is a 10-minute drive from the main street in Old Town. We are in fact within a kilometre (.6 mile) from Queen Street -- about a two-minute drive or a pleasant 20-minute walk. A 10-minute drive from Queen Street would put a B&B in the vicinities of Queenston, St. David's or Virgil. A small matter however something that is important to those looking for B&B accommodation in Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake and within easy reach of Queen Street theatres, shops and restaurants. We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

my wife and I had four great days at this B&B. The food was excellent, the tourism advice exactly as needed - and the coupons for all the wine tastings were a bonus!

Room Tip: They all seemed very nice and just as advertised.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank David U
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I stumbled upon the most warm and welcoming B&B, located in the beautiful Niagra on the Lake area. Donna and Fernando made our first time experiance fabulous. We stayed in a beautiful, large and comfortable room, ate a gormet breakfast and received helpful tips and most importantly a map of how to navigate the area. We shopped in the quaint shops on the flower lined streets, enjoyed the wine tasting and ice wine slushies, and went to the Butterfly Conservatory. This truely was a devine experiance, and can't wait to come back for another visit. Thank you Donna and Fernando!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple