1,007 results
All reviews brownie zee's grill bathroom mirror pet fish rain shower dvd library my husband and i personalized stationary festival theatre main building rooms are small guest lounge hotel restaurant attached restaurant directly across the street king bed lounge area
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Another quick getaway to the Shaw Club and again, a lovely experience. The hotel is absolutely spotless - staff at check-in make you feel like valued guests. It's been a few years since we've been back (and ten years since our last review!) but everything met our expectations.The main building was completely sold out this time and we stayed in the Annex - given a choice, we would prefer the main building in future. Although the rooms are nicely done, we didn't find the bed as comfortable in this room and there is quite a flight of stairs to deal with - definately not for anyone with mobility issues, although they make this plain on the website and in making your reservation. We opted for dinner at the Hobnob (Charles Hotel) and the very friendly shuttle driver took us over. Dinner was wonderful - we had the three course special - service was attentive, friendly and efficient (thank you Sean!) and we would certainly return. Breakfast (included in the room rate) was on the verandah the next morning and our server was friendly and efficient - the food was fantastic. The weather has been perfect this past week and we thoroughly enjoyed a leisurely meal in the warm morning air surrounded by absolutely gorgeous flowers and plants.
If you are looking for a great hotel - outstanding staff and food at a reasonable price, this is the place!

Room Tip: I would recommend the main building over the Annex if accomodation is available.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Wonderful staff. from the time we checked in, we were greeted by our name. We were so pleased with their treatment of us,, as if we were the only guests they had. As it was our 50th anniversary and our daughter informed them of this, they had a bottle of wine awaiting us in our room. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the a/c worked very well. Everything was top notch. The only thing which I found strange was the shower which was just slightly raised from the bathroom floor and as a result, water from the rain shower head and the hand held shower had a tendency to go on the bathroom floor despite the drainage.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I had booked three rooms for our group of six people. Each of the rooms was slightly different from the others but well appointed and comfortable. The in-room Keurig machine and welcome brownie were nice touches. The staff are terrific - extremely friendly and helpful, which made our stay at the hotel even more enjoyable. One afternoon after our excursion to Niagara Falls and a winery we were able to enjoy a bit of private time in a lounge area adjacent to the lobby. We brought our wine, ordered a cheese plate and the staff provided us with wine glasses. The hotel is well located across the street from the Festival Theatre and an easy walk to the centre of NotL. For those who are not able to walk the short distance to the shops and restaurants on Queen Street, there is shuttle bus with a charming driver.
We all enjoyed our time in NotL and particularly at the Shaw Club and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan O
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We were able to secure a good price on the room, which is why we stayed here. The room was very small and would not have been worth full price. Having said that, the room was very clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. Located right across the street from the Festival Theater. They also offer a shuttle to locations in the downtown area so you don't have to drive.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Our stay in Niagara on the Lake in August was cut short due to my husband becoming ill and we had to cancel our reservation at the Shaw Club Hotel. Our reservation was for Thursday night and we cancelled at 10:00 am on Wednesday morning, giving them more than 24 hours notice. After explaining our situation, I was told that there would be a cancellation fee, which I understood and accepted. When checking my credit card statement the end of the month, I was surprised and alarmed to discover that we were charged the full amount! We will not be returning to the Shaw Club Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Alison G,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with your reservation. I feel as though your reservation was booked through a third party and as such, would be subject to their cancellation policy, not ours.

At Shaw Club, we are very understanding that sometimes unfortunate things happen, such as an illness, and we always work with our guests to find another date for them to reschedule. Should one of our guests need to make adjustments within our cancellation policy, all calls are forwarded directly to me, and I unfortunately never received a call from you.

We always recommend our guests contact us directly to secure reservations, especially if they have specific needs or requests.

I do hope that you will not allow your experience with an outside third party company to affect your thoughts or feelings towards Shaw Club Hotel.

Jennifer Dickson