1,007 results
All reviews brownie zee's grill bathroom mirror pet fish rain shower dvd library my husband and i personalized stationary festival theatre main building rooms are small guest lounge hotel restaurant attached restaurant directly across the street king bed lounge area
Reviewed 6 June 2008

this hotel was so lovely that they left me wanting to stay another day. At check-in they walk you to your room (along with a pet fish for the weekend). After setteling-in I noticed a card on the desk with my name on it. They had written-out a welcome card and had it waiting in the room for us along with a huge brownie. The resturant was great, service was superior and the rooms very nice, updated and almost brand new. Large screen TVs a modular couch, and even a TV in the mirror in the bathroom.

The town is charming and there is more to do than a day's worth so plan for at least 2 nigths.

Worth the trip, was very enjoyable to stay at the Shaw Club.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Phillagirl
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Niagara on the Lake is one of the most perfect places on earth. The Shaw Club allowed me to feel like I lived there, and I never wanted to leave! The Shaw Club's rooms are hip and comfortable, with every amenity - from a tiny in-wall tv in the bathroom (where there is also a rainforest showerhead) to a giant flat screen in the bedroom. Every detail is taken care of, from brownies and bathrobes that welcome you to a DVD library at your disposal. The beds and linens are incredible. The location is perfect for the Shaw Festival Theatre, but also (if you are like me) for just walking around the village or down to the water's edge. The Shaw Club allowed me to have an incredible break from reality. I will be back - in my mind and in reality - very soon.

Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank ginalolo
Reviewed 14 April 2008

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights on her birthday weekend (Standard King Room, Dinner at Zee's on the Saturday Night) and it was even better than what we expected! Starting with our arrival and the staff being courteous (they even had a slice of cake in our room for my girlfriend), the whole weekend was great. We enjoyed the feel of the hotel which is more like a "club" or an upscale inn. The room was high class with the large flat screen, modern bathroom, and lots of little things such as the 20 lights in the room that make it feel like home.

The DVD library is a great idea as we enjoyed a few of those on the Friday night that we arrived. My girlfriend had a spa appointment on the Saturday morning and said it was the best one she had ever been to, service and quality wise. We enjoyed dinner at Zee's on the Saturday night which was delightful. Our waitress even wrapped our desserts to go because of how stuffed we were.

The locale of the Shaw Club is perfect, right at the end of the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake. The town has a quant, oldschool feel to it and is near a ton of wineries that make for a fun Saturday or Sunday afternoon event.

Everyone was extremely polite and warming the entire time we were there and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gilbsy20
Reviewed 12 April 2008

My boyfriend and I booked a Monday night at the Shaw Club, as the start of our Niagara holiday. (We're from Toronto and thought it would be fun to do some local touristy type stuff, while enjoying a bit of a romantic getaway from our routines).

I researched like mad and finally decided on this hotel because of its lovely combination of traditional charm and modern conveniences....and I couldn't have been happier with my choice.

We were absolutely smitten with our Deluxe King accommodations. The giant featherbed was incredibly comfy and the plump duvet was absolutely luxurious. The bathroom had the deepest jetted tub I've *ever* seen, as well as a stand-up shower with an incredible rain showerhead. Pure bliss!

Other nice touches included the surprisingly reasonably-priced mini bar basket full of gourmet goodies, the checker set that got a good deal of use, the complimentary DVD library, the 42" plasma TV, and the wonderful breakfast of pastries, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee, which was served to us in our room at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. (Most hotels love tacking on extra costs for all the little indulgence that make a holiday memorable. But not the Shaw Club! God bless them!)

Oh, and after a perfect dinner at the on-site restaurant, Zee's, we returned to our room and were met with two bottles of spring water and a cute little notecard with the next day's weather forecast.

It's all about the little things!

We enjoyed our stay so much that after moving on to Niagara Falls for two nights, we actually returned to the Shaw Club for the last night of our vacation! And it was just as good as we remembered it being. Truly, our only "complaint" would be that the towels are terribly rough, and a bit of a shock when compared to the rest of the top notch ammenities. But really, that's hardly what we're going to remember about our trip.

Thank you for the lovely time, Shaw Club! We will be back, for sure!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rmwanders
Reviewed 8 April 2008

This hotel lived up to its expectations. It was exactly as described... comfy bed, modern amenities, friendly staff...
The bathroom was gorgeous... just how I would like to do mine!! I loved the little details... such as the automatic blinds, cutout in the closet for the vase, the brownies...

It was so good that they had a DVD collection to choose from too.
Our DVD player broke, but the staff promptly changed it.
We had breakfast at the sister property... not a huge selection but good enough.

Make sure you tell them you have CAA cuz you get a discount!! I was pleasantly surprised.

The spa was a little bit disappointing since there was no changeroom/shower. I like to go for the experience (before/after relaxation is important too!!) but maybe I am a spa snob. The ppl were really friendly but I have had better massages.

We had dinner's at Zee's. It was great since it was a hop,skip and a jump from our room. Talk about convenience!!!
The service was super slow (didn't get our drink order until at least 30 minutes in) , but that was only cuz there was one waiter for 7 tables. Anyway, it's ok since we were not in a rush. Our first table was freezing... the vent was blowing right at us. We had to move. The food came out relatively fast, and it was delicious. Yum to popcorn shrimp!! :)

Despite a couple hiccups, I would definitely go back again!!! It was exactly what the dr. ordered!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)