1,022 results
All reviews brownie zee's grill bathroom mirror pet fish rain shower dvd library festival theatre my husband and i main building guest lounge hotel restaurant onsite restaurant directly across the street king bed little things location is excellent get away
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Shaw Club for three nights in early August in the famous "Annex King".
After reading reviews we were well aware of what to expect with the room, meaning that it isn't attached to the main hotel and the rooms are not as nice. This is all true, but not what made us unhappy with our stay, it was there so called famous service. From our check in which was cold and rude, to simple questions we found as we were bothering the front office staff. After reading previous reviews this is not the first time this has happened, but the hotel always responds as expected with a differring view. I received this treatment upon checkout, instead of resolving the problem the front office manager tended to disagree with me and pretty much called me a liar. I hate dealing with anybody at hotels and restaurants who act stuck up but in all essence just work at a hotel. We the customer are the ones paying the big bucks to stay at these expensive hotels.
With no reservations on our last night we decided to eat at Zee's. We went down at 7:15 pm to eat and the restaurant was half empty. We were told we couldn't have a table until 8:00 pm because they had been very busy before the show at the festival and needed a break. I have never heard of this before and told the hostess we were guests of the hotel. She told us to hold on and she would check with the manager. She quickly came back with a no, when I asked to speak with the manager I was told they were too busy. This was no surprise and it was a continuation of the terrible service and rude attitude we received most of our stay. In closing stay away from this hotel as the service is terrible and not worth the money.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank jtga
Ryan M, General Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

I would like to apologize to you if you believe your service was not up to our normal standards, especially considering the girl who checked you in is always one of the very best when it comes to guest service and satisfaction. I was a little disappointed to see your reference to other reviews that mention this poor service as our reviews continuously mention the exceptional service they receive while with us. Perhaps you were reading reviews from another hotel? I am also sorry that we were not able to accommodate you earlier than your 8pm reservation at Zees. It is confusing some times when the restaurant doesn't look full yet you are being told that they are too busy to seat you early. The reason for this is because you arrived just as our first seating was finishing but before the 7:30 reservations had arrived. This will often make the restaurant appear less busy even though the next wave of reservations is just about to arrive. Unfortunately, if we were to have given you one of the empty tables then we would not have been able to accommodate our reserved guests. Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We celebrated our 29 th anniversary this past Sunday with a wonderful stay with our friends.The rooms were very modern and comfortable. The staff at check in and the restaurants were great. My wife and her friend really enjoyed their vivit to the spa
A wonderful complimentary gift was waiting for us in our room when we arrived and every one made us feel welcome during our stay. We definitely will be returning for another stay.
Beth & Jim

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Had a 1 night stay in a room on the ground floor of the main building....so convenient to just pop over to the lounge (tv, magazines, dvds, board games, Keurig coffee machine, computer/printer station) or restaurant (Zees). We were walked to our room when we arrived which was such a nice touch and then given a tasty brownie and spa gift (as part of the Blissful Stay package). A card and paper with your name is also left for you. Great king sized bed, reading area and couch. Huge TV but unfortunately the DVD player didn't work....usually you can just walk over to the lounge to borrow a DVD from their library which is a great idea. The bathroom was gorgeous and the shower was incredible....rain shower and hand-held. A tv in the bathroom too!!! The attached restaurant (Zees) had great food and the outdoor patio /veranda created a gorgeous atmosphere...enjoyed dinner the night we arrived (2 appetitzers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts with our package), continental breakfast (yogurt with homemade granola and berries, blueberry scone, multigrain toast and jam) and lunch. Very convenient location of the hotel across the street from the Shaw festival and walking distance to all the NOTL shops/restaurants and lake. Had a couples massage at the Shaw Spa which was so relaxing and had great customer service at reception! Had a late checkout of 1pm which really made the 1 night stay feel longer (otherwise checkout is 11am). Really pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel!

Room tip: Ground level rooms near reception very convenient to pop over to lounge or restaurant. Water / ice is on 2nd floor though but was glad to stay on ground level to come and go easily.
Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Overall impression of my 2 night stay at The Shaw Hotel and Spa is possitive. The staff in every department ( guest services, housekeeping, the restaurant and spa services) all met or exceeded my expectations. Customer service is clearly on the forefront.
The Spa is simple and unadorned, but the quality of the services are top notch.
I did not have any full meals at Zee's, but enjoyed the view and atmosphere of the veranda for breakfast and a night cap.
As a yearly visiter to NOTL, I mostly like that it is a scerene and enjoyable place to stay, without the tourist-y feel of the bigger chain hotels. A New York boutique feel, with no tour buses.
We will be back. Thank you for the lovely stay .

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sandals1997
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Hotel is excellent with minor exceptions. It is convenient to the Shaw Festival Theatre, close to the main street, easy to locate upon arrival, and clean. Our room in the annex was favorably priced but a bit tired and difficult to get consistent wifi reception. Upon arrival, the check in was difficult due to communications between the cleaning staff and the desk. The common areas of the hotel were terrific and the Toronto newspaper is unusually good. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Trip type: Travelled with family