1,004 results
All reviewsbrowniezee's grillbathroom mirrorpet fishrain showerdvd librarymy husband and ipersonalized stationaryfestival theatremain buildingrooms are smallguest loungehotel restaurantattached restaurantdirectly across the streetking bedlounge area
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I took advantage of a Sniqueaway deal so we only paid $99 a night for our classic king room. The hotel itself is in a great location with sufficient parking. The interior is very modern and well appointed. i really liked the lounge in the lobby with it's self serve Keurig coffee maker. The rooms are well designed to make the most of a small space. I liked the personalized stationary and the incredibly delicious brownie waiting for me. They provide wine glasses, water glasses, ice bucket and water jug. There was a Culligan water cooler just down the hall with an ice machine and pop machine. The robes were also a nice touch as was the little tv screen in the bathroom mirror.

Breakfast was included with our stay and includes toast, cinnamon bun, homemade granola, yogurt, juice and coffee. For the low price of $7.50 you could add an hot item such as french toast, omelet or eggs benedict. On our second morning there we were given the option of the continental breakfast in our room or a european breakfast buffet at the Harbor House as Zees was closed. We opted to go to the Harbor House as we wanted to see the property. (It was beautiful and the breakfast was great)

I would definitely stay here again but I'm not sure I would do it during peak season. Being there when the town was quiet and the snow was falling was a blessing. Also be sure to dine at Zees Grill - the food is amazing.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine W
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here for a girl's weekend visit to the wineries. The location was perfect - we walked everywhere in the village that we needed to go. The hotel is updated with modern design and fixtures, although not every guest room is updated. We were in a very reasonably priced room with two queen beds; the fixtures and furniture were older, but the carpet looked new and the beds were furnished with the featherbeds, good quality sheets and duvet covers.
Continental breakfast was included in our room stay, and it was perfect for us. Breakfast is served in the dining room - it's not a buffet - and included coffee and juice plus a platter of croissants, toast, cranberry compote and individual bowls of yogurt with granola and fruit. It was perfect for us, but there was an option to upgrade to a hot breakfast for $7 each.
The hotel offers an option to add on a wine tour to your stay. But after finding out who the tour was through and based on Tripadvisor reviews, we decided to book our tour through Grape Escapes and were very pleased.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank amandamba
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My fiancée and I stayed in the Shaw Club for two days in December, just before Christmas. We had initially planned to only stay for one night, but we liked it so much that we stayed for another night. We loved the place. It's a perfect hideaway. Clearly it was off-season time in Niagara on the lake, and there weren't many people in town. Notwithstanding that the hotel staff was extremely helpful and attentive. We had booked a room with a fireplace, which was actually quite spacious (I've seen different opinions on the size of the rooms) and very nicely designed with a lot of attention to detail. The bed was particularly noteworthy. We had an issue with the sliding door of the bathroom which didn't close properly. It had to be fixed, and they upgraded us into their suite.
The other point worth mentioning was the massage in the adjacent spa. One of the best deep dissue massages I've had.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cleger
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The Shaw Club is about my favorite place on this planet! My husband and I have stayed there twice for romantic long weekends. We take a quick flight from Baltimore to Buffalo, NY and then a quick drive North to Niagara-on-the-Lake. The town is fantastic and filled with friendly people. The service at the hotel is top notch. I will agree that the rooms are small, but they are so comfortable. It's basically right down town and walking distance to so many shops and restaurants.

The first time we booked a room, we had pre-paid through a package on another website. About 18 hours before we were supposed to board our flight, our 5 year old broke his arm. I called and the hotel took care of rescheduling everything including our wine tour and dinner reservations at several restaurants. Even though we were well past the time for changing our date, they were happy to accommodate our situation. When we went the next month, our trip was perfect!

I can't recommend the town or the hotel enough. Their attention to detail and service is remarkable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The Shaw Club is a quaint boutique hotel which pays attention to the smallest of details! The room was small but it was not crowded and we did have the most comfortable of king sized beds! Fitted with 300 thread count sheets, a heavy down comforter and firm down pillows, our sleep was heavenly after a bath in the whirlpool soaking tub and a shower in the large glass enclosed shower with a rainfall shower head. The continental breakfast was delivered as requested and consisted of 2 glasses of orange juice, a pot of coffee, 2 generous sized bowls of fresh cut fruit (various melons, pineapple, blueberries) and a large beautiful plate of fresh baked pastries consisting of croissants, bran muffins, banana bread, walnut bread, and pound cake! With the breakfast, we were set for the day! However, it truly is the little things that will make this stay memorable. Items like the personalized stationary imprinted with "From the temporary residence of...", the pet beta fish in the glass bowl that welcomed our entry (as requested), and the recommendation to leave our car in the lot for the day, even after we had checked out, for the purpose of walking the streets of beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. With the 26 local wineries, the storybook shops of Queen street and the horse drawn carriage rides, Niagara-on-the-Lake provides a getaway that makes you feel like you are a world away. The Shaw Club makes you feel like you are staying at a visit with friends!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple