1,003 results
All reviewsbrowniezee's grillbathroom mirrorpet fishrain showerdvd librarymy husband and ipersonalized stationaryfestival theatremain buildingrooms are smallguest loungehotel restaurantattached restaurantdirectly across the streetking bedlounge area
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have stayed at The Shaw Club Hotel many times and have always had an excellent experience. The staff at this hotel is what keeps me coming back year after year. They always have a smile on their faces when we walk into the lobby and are always ready and willing to help when needed.
The hotel is beautiful, clean and perfectly located on the main street right across from the festival theatre. If you are staying at Shaw Club be sure to dine at their restaurant Zzz's. We haven't had the opportunity to try the spa yet, but hopefully we can next year.
Great job Shaw Club!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank MamaRedmen
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Our room was top notch. Five star; clean beautiful beds, rain shower head and clawfoot jaccuzi tub were amazing. We were visiting Niagara-on-the-lake for the first time with other couples and the service Alicia provided us at the front desk made our getaway even more perfect. We learned alot of history about the town, did a wine tour to 5 wineries and browsed the lovely shops. We plan on a return visit for sure. Thanks Alicia for the great service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveller910911
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband & I booked 2 nights online, looking for an updated & modern place to stay in NOTL. Booked a room in the Annex. Arrived to find the Annex rooms spacious but worn, outdated & in need of a reno - not at all like the pictures on the website.
At the bar that night, I asked the waiter about the difference. He encouraged me to speak to the night manager which I was in no rush to do as the Annex room was ok & the bar/ patio so lovely that I did not want to move.
To my surprise, the night manager appeared at our table, announcing that she had moved us to the premier suite for the balance of our stay as 'an apology' for the staff not letting us know that the Annex was older.
Needless to say the new part of the hotel is lovely, new & as advertised.
I was most impressed with the waiter & manager for their responsiveness & insistence on making us happy.
Would recommend the newer section but not the Annex - particularly for the price charged.
Breakfast staff were abit slow to acknowledge customers & offer coffee but on the whole, staff were great, I enjoyed our stay & would return.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Jashmeister
Reviewed 16 August 2011

You've found it at the Shaw Club. Closet size room with an antiquated jade green bathtub in the corner is not my idea of luxury. Don't forget to bring all documentation as well otherwise you'll have to pay twice for your teensy little overpriced room which is exactly what happened to us.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The people working at this hotel were lovely, although sometimes defensive. The rooms were very small but had great beds, built ins, bathrooms. The rooms were like little closets with one small window, so even with the amenities it seemed clostrophbic. Our first room had a strange smell, we think coming from the AC. They were able to change rooms, although we went through a process where they were going to put us at the Harbor House, then the found a room available in the Shaw - we were told a double upgrade, so we stayed. The upgrade was a room approximately one foot more wide and the bathroom was the same size with a enormous jetted, free standing tub. You could barely get around it to the toilet. I guess I'm not getting the "concept" of the hotel which is marketed as a "club feel". Wait, I forgot what put us over the edge, the wi-fi did not work in our room and barely worked in the little sitting room - yes, the "IT" guru came to fix it and it still didn't work. Not good for news junkies like us. We did love Niagara on the Lake and stayed at Harbor House our last visit, we'll stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple