“Afternoon Tea”

The Drawing Room at the Prince of Wales Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Drawing Room at the Prince of Wales Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 50
Cuisines: British, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: Treat yourself to a taste of Victorian elegance in the Drawing Room of the Prince of Wales hotel. Take your little prince or princess back in time with ornately decorated tea sets, tasty scones and over-the-top royal treatment. Time travel never seemed so luxurious. Visit Niagara-on-the-Lake to rediscover the attention-to-detail that defined a more elegant era. Celebrate special occasions with a selection of Artisan cheeses and sparkling wines. Toast to the picture perfect girls' day with finger sandwiches, delicate desserts and morning mimosas. Delight in quality time with friends and family in an atmosphere of high taste in every sense of the word. From the adornment of rose chandeliers to floral table clothes and teapots, Prince of Wales brings your whimsical garden party indoors. Our Victorian Tea Room and English delicacies are fit to be enjoyed by guests who appreciate regal treatment with an imaginative twist.
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I have been to many English style Afternoon teas on land and at sea, so I can honestly say that the one at The Prince of Wales Drawing Room is the best I have ever experienced. Well worth the cost. The atmosphere is charming and peaceful. The service is exquisite. The tea is heavenly and they give you an ample amount in real bone china service. The sandwiches, scones and desserts are 5 star quality. It was simply a delightfully unforgettable experience.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I took 2 granddaughters to high tea last week before attending a play. The service was outstanding. We had a mix-up with our Open Table reservation but the hostess responded quickly and kindly. Our waitress offered to refrigerate our wonderful left overs while we attended the play. The food and tea were wonderful as always.

Date of visit: July 2018
JHarb-VintageHotels, Manager at The Drawing Room at the Prince of Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear UpstateNyGrandma11,

Thank you all for joining us for tea!
I hope your granddaughters had a wonderful time.
The tearoom staff always appreciates the kind words and I agree with you they are amazing at what they do.

See you next time,

Mehdi Arefi
Food & Beverage Supervisor

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I got married in Niagara on the Lake, stayed at the Prince of Wales hotel and had a small afternoon tea reception in a private room at the hotel. I thought it would be nice to celebrate our 7th anniversary with a stay at the hotel with afternoon tea. Unfortunately it was a disappointment. Although the hotel and the drawing room is still beautiful, the service and quality of food has gone downhill. I made a reservation months before, however our table was not set when we arrived and we had to wait. The table they were setting for us was right next to a fan so I asked if we could have another table as I didn’t want the fan blowing directly on us. I was told I couldn’t have another table and the fan was on for the comfort of everyone else as their a/c wasn’t working. The box of teas we were asked to choose from didn’t contain a regular black/breakfast tea. We waited 30 mins to get 1 pot of tea and 45 mins for our food. The sandwich selection is small but tasty, the scone warm and very nice. I have never only just had 1 scone for afternoon tea as the scones are the focal point of the tea and don’t expect clotted cream, it’s creme fraiche. I asked if we could have another scone to share and was told there was a cost. There is also a cost for extra pots of tea. This practice is not at all in line with high end afternoon tea experiences around the world and just leaves a bad taste. Overall the setting is still lovely but food and service are a bit of a let down for the cost.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Look I dont want to name drop, but, I have had high tea in Chicago at the Drake, at the Dorchester in London at South Lodge in the English countryside. Im not saying the food wasnt tasty at the Drawing Room but they gave my wife and I one scone each!!!! and when we asked for another were told it would be an extra charge on top of the 72.00 we were spending for 2 teas. All the places i named above gave us more scones and cakes and sandwiches without even asking. Sorry folks this is a complete rip off 2 pots of tea 6 little sandwiches 2 scones 2 cookies 2 teenie cupcakes all for 72.00 + tax. So i hope all the tourists read this post as the tea room is in Niagara-on-the-Lake and it is obvious they are just trying to rip off the tourists, so maybe if people stop going they will improve the sham they are running.

1  Thank kieran1964
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Although we had reservations for 4, they were unable to give us a table as they said no one was leaving. After waiting about 20 minutes they said they could give us 2 tables near each other. I insisted they move the tables directly side by side. There was a standing room fan beside me which I did not want blown directly into me but the manager said others needed to feel the air as the air conditioner had broken down. Not really my problem! I did move the fan over and stopped it from oscillating. After that fiasco, things settled down and the food was very tasty and the tea was hot and delicious. Based on the experience and the attitude of the manager, I really should give a 3* rating but we enjoyed the food and the ambience. Our server Brooke was very good!