“WINE GLASSES”

Mick & Angelo's Eatery & Bar
Ranked #92 of 601 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mick & Angelo's is an award winning family restaurant! Dine in-Take Out-Delivery * Award winning Ribs, Wings & Fingers, Angus Alberta beef, AAA certified Steaks, Pizza, Calzones, Pastas, Burgers... *Kids Menus* Come in and visit Mick & Angelo's today!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have to say again how awesome the renovations look, and the food and service is still impeccable.
I do have one complaint though, the wine glasses that you switched to with no stems feels like you're drinking a glass of water instead of a glass of wine. I know the stem glasses break easier but I know a lot of people prefer to drink their wine in a proper wine glass. If you could, please bring back the stemmed wine glasses or maybe ask the customer what they would prefer, there might be some people that don't mind drinking out of the shorter glasses. But I bet nine out of ten people will prefer the stemmed wine glass. Thanks for listening and keep up the good work!!!

Nancy S, General Manager at Mick & Angelo's Eatery & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hi Parker and Pilot,

Impeccable? That's an amazing compliment... so, thank you so much!! :)

You are correct that the stem wine glasses break easily, in fact, we would typically lose 2-4 glasses per night. When trying to keep costs down so it doesn't have to be transferred to our loyal Guests, we had to come up with a solution. Surprisingly we have found our new stemless wine glasses have received enormous positive feedback. We did expect to have more comments similar to yours, but there have been very few.

You will be pleased to know that we still have the traditional wine glasses available for those who would prefer them, like yourself. Just mention it to your server and you will absolutely be served your favorite wine in your favorite stye wine glass... we aim to please. :)

Thanks again for your amazing review and for the 5 stars even though you were disappointed in the glass change. We appreciate when our Guests use this forum to praise us for a job well done and to give us constructive feedback that we can learn from. You are truly a dream Guest and I promise to always have a stemmed wine glass for you! :)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

- This is my first time eating here since about 5 years ago. The renovations they did are beautiful, but I wished the food was just as good.
- Party of 3 adults and we all agreed that the food wasn't good. Bread items were soggy, no flavor, my steak wrap was ICE cold. Not sure if it was supposed to be served that way, but I would think most steak wraps the meat would be hot? Well this was completely out of the fridge ice cold meaning it was not cooked right then.
- The alcoholic drink I had was disgusting. It tasted like bad fizzy tap water. No alcohol taste and was down right gross.
- Expensive for what we got. will not be back for a long time, possibly forever. would not recommend anyone to eat here.

1  Thank Deidra L

Hi Deidra,

Thank you for appreciating our recent renovations.

Now for the more important part... we are very disappointed to learn that we failed to wow you with our food. By your description, we most definitely missed the mark both from the kitchen as well as the bar. I can assure you that isn't our standard and I apologize on behalf of myself and my team.

You are correct that the Steak Wrap should be served hot. Although I can assure you that all wraps are made to order, I am unsure what happened on this particular occasion. Regarding your drink that you ordered, we apologize for that as well. I wish I had been there to speak to you personally during your visit so I could have made things right for you and your party. If there is a way to talk you off the fence about returning, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you... I promise we could wow you on a return visit! Feel free to call me at the restaurant or stop in and we won't miss the mark again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This place was a bit tired and the food inconsistent but the new owner has greatly improved the place! The place is more modern and stylish now especially in the back room. Our pizza and wings were the best we had ever had here! Bravo new owner!!!

Hi Raoul,

Bravo to you for taking the time to write this amazing review! Go ahead...take a bow. :)

We agree that Mick's was in need of some aesthetic changes, so we are relieved when those changes are met with positivity. We realize not everyone adapts so easily to change so we feel fortunate when someone not only understands our vision, but appreciates it.

I will pass on your rave review regarding the pizza and wings as our culinary team love taking bows as well. :). Cheers, friend!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great home away from home bar and resto. Wait staff made you feel welcome. No request was too much. Food was what we expected... tasty and homemade. Great Italian house salad shrimp stuffed mushrooms and vegan pizza with garlic bread sticks. Wine suggested was spot on. Menu was reasonably priced. Server very helpful.

Hi James,

You just nailed our intentions... great homemade food served by our friendly team in a comfortable homey environment. Your kind review is much appreciated and thank you from the bottom of our hearts (and that's a lot of hearts). :)

Our loyal regulars like to refer to Mick & Angelo's as the Local's Living Room, but we hope to be even more than that. What's better than being surrounded by friends? Meeting new people while you are with your friends, of course! We are definitely proving to be the place where locals and travelers meet and we love it!!

Make sure you come back soon to your home away from home! :)

Nancy

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spent an enjoyable evening with friends here! 5 people - lots of appies and delicious pasta entrees - under $200 with tip!
Service was great. New owners and restaurant had a beautiful renovation.

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for making us your go-to place for you & your friends that night! We aim to please, so I am delighted we hit the mark for all of you!

We have a lot going on in the pipeline so stay tuned for some great Ladies Night features coming soon. We would love the opportunity to knock your socks off again! :)