“Friendly Environment” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 130 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Noblesville, Indiana
“Friendly Environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

It was a pleasant 3-day stay. The price does make up for the age of the hotel. The other tennants and the hotel staff including the owners were very nice and helpful. It's location is prime in relation to Niagra Falls including the Incline Railway.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

This was the second worst hotel I have ever stayed in and it only beat a Super 8 in Binghamton, NY by a small margin.

I only bothered giving this hotel a shot because of the price. This time of year prices in Niagara are outrageous. Should’ve know better.

When I checked in, the office had stacks of water and random shoes and other things just laying on the floor behind the counter. That was a warning sign right off the bat.

So I reserved two rooms, a two bed room for my inlaws and a one bed for my wife and I. The room with two beds was the better of the two, if you like dirty shower curtains and poor air conditioner.

The room my wife and I had was disgusting. Cob webs on the ceiling, dust on the furniture, hair on the sheets, a bug or two in the bathroom. Terrible Internet signal in the room, so I had to sit outside to use my lap top.

When I asked if we could switch rooms, they said they didn’t have any and offered no other solution. If I could’ve afforded it, I would have left even though I already paid.

Then the woman said she would have it cleaned better, that consisted of the bed linen being changed and the new blanket they put on had cigarette burn holes in it.

It was so gross, we bought a blanket to lay over the bed to sleep on it and used our towels to cover the pillows on the bed.

Very dumpy, drab room with washed out cups and silverware laying on the counter.

Then we returned from lunch and the lot was full except for a couple spots, so we took a spot right in front of the walkway entrance to the office and the woman came out and told us we couldn’t park there cause it was blocking her entrance. Yet it was a regular spot with no sign or markings saying no parking or temporary parking.

A bad experience all around and I’m not hard to please. Ill be going to Niagara in the spring or early fall from now on when the prices for the good hotels are lower.

Ignore the “good” reviews for this place, unless you don’t care about having a clean room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank tonycash72
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

Totally agree with "Worst Hotel Ever" below. We also booked through booking.com. They got our reservation, but tried to charge us $20 extra per night for our 2 teenage daughters even though I had booked a room for 2 adults & 2 children. They were very rude about it, practically called me a liar. The old man in the office is the worst. Luckily I had my original reservation printed out. Once I found it & showed it to the young man in the office, we got our room. I can't say we were thankful.
Our lamp was broken & a fire hazard, there was trash in my bed, I'm pretty sure there were bedbugs, the TV didn't work, we could hear our neighbors at all times of day & night, the water in the shower got very hot any time any one nearby flushed the toilet.

My husband went down to the office to complain about the TV. The old man in the office told him he wasn't using the remote correctly. We gave up. Next day, a replacement TV appeared in our room.
The place is a dump. Anyone who is saying this is a great place has VERY LOW STANDARDS. I don't expect luxury in my hotels, but I do expect basic cleanliness & maintenance. NOT FOUND HERE. Stay somewhere else, there are LOTS of hotels in Niagara.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank sandinmyshower
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

We arrived there with a reservation but they said they are fully booked and they never received our reservation but when we called the company we booked through (booking.com) they confirmed that the ritz inn received the reservation and they ended-up charging us without giving us the keys ... VERY RUDE and IRRESPECTABLE people .

When we called to tell them that this was their fault that they lost our reservation and it is not fair to be charged although we went there to check-in but they said they have no room for us, they yelled at us and hung up the phone.
They gave our room to someone else and charged us and YELLED at us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Julia83_82
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

This has to be one of the worst customer friendly hotels I have ever been too. I read a review that said the owner was a lunatic and a spazz, however, I thought nothing of it. WOW I should have listened. When I arrived they did not have my reservations. The owner was talking about "ooo no we do not deal with priceline" and started going on with a rant that I could not understand because his english is very poor. But, I thought we are there to sleep whatever.....He gave us only one key to the room...I asked for another but they did not have one.....The rooms are tacky, dirty, and out dated...Once again I told myself I will just be sleeping here....Went out for the night and had a great time...I stayed at the casino later than my friend so I gave him the key....I get back to the hotel and I am locked out......I buzz the owner ... no response....so i go to the back window of my hotel to see if there are any lights on...before you know it the owner is on the phone with the police screamimg "help, I am being robbed and beaten" I say "buddy just trying to get into my place I knocked and you never answered" He tells me he has been watching me trying to get into my place...and I have to leave. I respond well why didn't you come out...He proceeds to open my hotel door saying get out, get out...than accuses me of stealing towels lol...wow if you have ever seen a monkey flaring his arms and mumbling nonsense this was 10 times funnier....At this point I told him to call the cops because I was sober and he was making no sense....cops come tell me he does this all the time and to just go to bed.....So if you want a dirty hotel that is overpriced, and has a crazy owner.....this is the hotel for you.....Me and another guy warned you..STAY AWAY IT WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON lol

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends