Americana Resort
US$ 247
US$ 318
US$ 293
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$ 267
Doubletree.com
US$ 285
TripAdvisor
1,331 results
All reviewsjack tannersboston pizzawave poolbody slidestoddler pooltube slidesrecommend this resortolder kidsindoor waterparkloved the water parkbunk bedsfridge and microwavelundy's lanethird floorminute driveclifton hillwaterslides
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were a group of sixteen. We stayed at the Americana over Family Day weekend. Rooms and water park are good value. Comfortable beds- but smaller than they appear. Rooms are clean with comfy chairs. Some rooms have bunks for kids and a small eating area. The water park is not as extensive as others in the area but it is not as expensive either. There is a large wave pool, basket ball nets, several water slides, a kiddie pool with small water slides, an adult hot tub and a games room. Food is typical for the Niagara Falls region- over priced and mediocre quality. The prices have been raised to a point where your vouchers bring the cost down to what it should be. But most restaurants in the Falls area do the same thing. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They were also very accommodating for our large group, especially considering that the hotel was almost fully booked for Family Day weekend. Falls and outlet mall are just a short drive.

Room Tip: Bring your own food for breakfast and lunch.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HappyEarthWalker
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My family stayed for 2 nights with another family. Two other families stayed with us the second night and another family came for the day. All together, there were 20 of us using the hotel's facilities at the same time. The room was clean and quite large, and the waterpark facilities were adequate. Our kids enjoyed it, but we've been to nicer waterparks. We ate all of our meals at Jack Tanners restaurant because we had the package with the coupons. Even with the coupons and the kids eating free, breakfast still cost us $30 and the food was not very good. Overall a decent getaway until our second morning. We went to the restaurant for breakfast and intended to go to the waterpark before we left. I wanted to take pictures of my kids at the waterpark. When we got back to our room, my camera bag was empty. Knowing exactly what I had done with my camera prior to leaving the room that morning, I went to the front desk to find out if anyone had been in our room while we were out. The manager finally got around to pulling the records on the lock and called us, as opposed to speaking to us in person, to tell us that the only other person who had accessed our room was the cleaning lady. Apparently it's the hotel's policy to have the cleaning staff knock on a guest's door in the morning and if no one answers to open the door to peak in, check to see if the room had been vacated and if not leave. We tore the room apart several times and the manager came up to search our room as well. Despite having proof that someone other than us accessed the room, he still would not entertain the possibility that the cleaning lady took my camera because she told him she only opened the door and did not enter the room. He also tried to suggest that my children unknowingly had my camera because they misunderstood me when I asked if they had seen the camera. He did not try to find any sort of resolution to the problem and all but came out and told us we were lying. Because the manager would not help us, we called the police. The police came and talked to the cleaning lady but she continued to deny taking the camera. After a while, we left, but by the time we got home less than two hours later, the police officer called me and told me that the cleaning lady in question admitted taking the camera and had returned it to him. I spoke with the manager who was on duty at the time and all he did was tell me that this has never happened in all the years he's been in the hotel industry. I sent an email to the owner requesting my money back and all he would do was offer a complementary stay. The email I received from him stated that because the employee’s actions were beyond their control, a complementary stay is fair compensation. I will never stay at this hotel again, not even for free. If you're looking for a waterpark vacation in the Niagara area, do not stay here. Spend a little more and go to a hotel that has better facilities and far better customer service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank dp222
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Took our grandkids, ages 6 & 7. Huge room , great waterpark and impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Staff were very friendly as well. Highly recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mdluv2travl
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed over Christmas break and had a fantastic time. This was our second trip. They have many different room types. Ours with 2 bunk beds was perfect for our 4 young kids. The water park is the perfect size for younger kids.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the Americana. We booked through our American Airlines points so the room was "free" and the package included coupons for Jack Tanners Restaurant for money off our breakfasts there.

This time around we were not in a ground floor room. We had no issue with our room last stay and liked the closeness to the waterpark. We booked another jacuzzi room this time but it was smaller than the room we on our last visit. Clean, spacious room however. There isnt more than a hook in the bathroom for hanging towels and wet swim suits though and more hooks would be an asset.

We spent two days in the waterpark and our son loved every minute of it. Even when his lips were blue and he was shivering like a leaf. I understand its a huge area to heat, but i really dont understand why they cant turn up the heat or the temperature of the water just a bit. Perhaps more ceiling fans pushing the air downwards would help? All i know is after a few hours in there i cant stand how cold and uncomfortable i am.

Enjoyed the spa! Got a lovely massage but made the mistake of going back into the waterpark afterwards to meet my family and got so chilled i ended up with a stiff neck. So much for the massage!

We'd really like to check this place out in the summer, when its warmer outside and perhaps not so cold indoors.

Its perfect for hot blooded todders & preschoolers. Since GWL has so many things our 4 year old can't go on yet, Americana is perfect in size and price right now.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family