“Valet service and bellhops are the best!!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Rhode Island
“Valet service and bellhops are the best!!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Embassy Suites surpassed my expectations! I booked the JP Suite for my parents 59th wedding anniversary as they have never been to the falls. Given their mobility requirements, they were able to enjoy the spectactular view and light show from the comfort of their suite on the 35th floor. I have to give a special recognition to the valet staff. I had decided to pay for full valet service to make the stay hassle-free for my parents. My father is O2 dependent and diabetic; which means in addition to luggage, we had an O2 concentrator/Homefill machine/CPAP machine and electric cooler with his medicine (and of course, water, since he needed it and I refuse to pay $9.95 for a bottle of water!!!). When we pulled into the carport, a valet noticed the walker in the van and asked if we had a handicapped plate. He gave us free full valet service; a completely unexpected treat. The entire valet staff was wonderful to us everytime we called for our vehicle. Even when I left my passport in the car the valet went to the offsite lot and brought the car to the carport so I could retrieve it. My second special recognition goes to the bellhops. Upon arrival, we were greeted by an outstanding bellhop named Cliff (I think he was a supervisor). He was so nice. I apologized for the amount of items we had, he joked with us and moved both luggage carts and assisted my parents to seats while I checked in. Once in our room, he asked what our plans were and offered advice on area attractions they would enjoy. Anytime he saw us enter/exit the hotel, he asked how our visit was. He really made my parents feel special. The entire hotel staff could not have been more friendly or helpful.
My only complaint was TGI Fridays-a restaurant which I avoid anyway. The waitress was very nice, but the food was so overpriced. We only ate there as it was easy walking for my father. We wanted to eat at one of the restaurants on the main road near Clifton Hill, but were unable to find suitable parking. The second night we used our voucher for the Keg, and it was worth it!! I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. Dinner for three with dessert was just under $150 and that was before we redeemed our voucher. The staff was excellent and of course, the view was amazing.
The breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I have had. The omelet station was fantastic and the staff was excellent and helpful to my parents. We will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Our room was 3504-spectacular view!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Our reservation was for a suite overlooking the falls on the 26th floor. When checking in they asked if we wanted an upgrade, luckily I said no thank you because once we got to the room, really there was nothing else we could ask for! Our suite had a living area with pull out sofa and dinette table. Next you get to the small kitchen/bar area. The bathroom was large with a lovely duel person jet tub that entered into a separate shower/toilet room. There were shutters from the tub area that opened into the sleeping area allowing you the wonderful view of the falls from the tub. The bedroom portion had large operable windows and comfortable beds with yet a 2nd TV. Everything was very clean and well presented. The only negative I had was that the bottle of Evian water on the bar that we opened for the coffee was $9.50. Why not really say you are charging for the coffee because really, where on earth are you going to pay that for a bottle of water???
The included breakfast was also very nice but the hash browns were overcooked and tasted quite rubbery. All in all a very relaxing and romantic stay! We will go again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We booked a Sunday night package thinking that it would be quieter but this deal was so good that there were still a lot of people. We knew that we would have to pay for parking, valet $30, off-site $20. Response time is 5 minutes versus 15 minutes. Luggage racks are a scarce commodity when everyone is checking in at the 3pm witching hour unless you happen to grease one of the bellmen and magically they appear with one. Even though you are on a package, the front desk offers upgrades to a king and /or jacuzzi suite, a good investment if you are planning on doing a lot of walking. The manager's cocktail reception is a nice touch with a free drink. The $40 dining coupon for The Keg is nice but won't cover much so we have learned to save up Keg gift cards for a superb dining experience. It's all about the view from the 9th floor and at night with the lights on The Falls, it is great.
It's fun when you go across the river to the native casino, Seneca Niagara, and win enough money to pay the bill, but you can't bank on that happening all the time.
The hot buffet breakfast the next morning is extensive and satisfies most comers. You can load up a couple of trays and bring it back to you room where you can enjoy it while overlooking The Falls in the daylight.
For a $42 charge, you can get a late checkout(2pm) and linger around and enjoy the whirlpool bath.
The niggly item is that for a large facility like the Embassy, they don't have free WIFI in the rooms. If you have an IPad, you have to go down to the 9th floor common area or the ground floor Starbucks to keep up with your email, because you cannot plug into an RJ45 outlet in the room.
If you do have a laptop and an RJ45 cable from home, you will have to pay $11 per day for internet. You had better be doing more than reading e-mails to justify that charge.
It was a nice stay, but, I felt like I got nickel and dimed to death.
We had as good a time for less last December right next door at the Oakes.
We will think about it first before returning and checkout all the other offers available.

Room Tip: Bring your own RJ45 cable from home if you want to use internet in your room, otherwise you will be...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevanski1
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Hello Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your review! With so much to see and do, our complimentary hot buffet breakfast will fill you up for a fun filled day and then our evening Manager's Reception will help to relax and unwind after that fun filled day!
We are in the midst of installing WIFI for the hotel guest rooms and by the time this goes to print, we should be completed. We are very excited for this update and are sure that this will only enhance the Embassy Suites experience for all!
We hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Alison Wilkinson
Guest Assistance Manager
Central Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Prices can be excellent for what all you receive. Being patient and wait you can stay in a Fallsview room with free hot breakfast, manager reception, spa coupon, dinner coupons & shuttle to falls & local casinos for $115.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank riderlady
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was our first visit to Niagara Falls, and we were both quite unsure of where to stay. After staying here, I would not stay anywhere else. The view of the falls is spectacular. You have a great view of the light show on the falls at night. The staff was great during our stay. We had a King Jacuzzi room, falls view. You could almost see the falls from the Jacuzzi.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple