“Last time at this place - Don't Stay here. Boycot it !!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peninsula Inn

The Peninsula Inn
Ranked #18 of 130 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Last time at this place - Don't Stay here. Boycot it !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our group has stayed as this hotel and it continues to decline so this has been the last stay. Dirty floors, odors in the rooms, terrible 15" CRT TV's with crap channels.
The only redeeming feature of this place is the grounds behind the hotel which we use for a sort of daily seating area outside. Their only interest seems to be grinding through weddings in the little chapel out back. Maybe that's why they cut the grass....

The other last straw was one of our friends who had a death in the family and could not make it till Saturday night. The manager had no patience for removing the Friday night charge for his room while he was attending to a grieving family. No class and no more busines from this group of 20 people.

Room Tip: Just plain aweful
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SJC4US
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I would not board my dog here. I was suspicious when I booked through expedia; tried to change my reservation and couldn't. You had to pay first, and then they placed a restriction on the reservation. When I arrived the lobby was inviting but that's where it ended. The room was abysmal. The amenities were archaic. It was NOT CLEAN at all. Hair everywhere to the point I had to sleep in a chair. I was so disgusted I left two day early; not even caring that I had to drive 8 hours to get there I just wanted to go HOME.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

The Peninsula Hotel has a lot of potential - large room, very clean, efficient air conditioner in the room, decent pool, hot tub, gym, lovely grounds (used for a Wedding Chapel), close to highway yet quiet, very good front desk staff. Yet all this potential is not fulfilled. The mattress in the room was a cheap one with little padding. The sheets were see through. (Seriously, I have never seen such thin sheets!!) Cheap and worn furniture was in the room. Although it was a large room, there was only one picture on the walls. It felt like we were in a beige cardboard box. The hotel cheaped out on the shampoos and soap. It has been a long time since I have been in a hotel with this number of stars that had the shampoo in the little impossible to open packets! And when is the last time you have been in a motel that did not have free internet? Even the cheapest hotels do not charge you for wifi anymore.
We booked our room through Hotwire and we paid half what the hotel was asking for on their website. For what we paid, we were satisfied. But had we paid the going rate, we would have been livid. The hotel has so much potential. They should put some money into upgrading their beds, sheets, towels, furniture. Then they would have a really classy hotel that was worth what they are asking. And they should give people free wifi!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stopped here for 3 nights at the end of our holiday, after a fairly long drive we managed to find the hotel with no problems, we had 2 rooms which were next to each other on the 1st floor. Both rooms were clean and comfortable and even though at the front of the hotel we could here no outside noise. After an easy check in and a quick unpack of our bags we decided to check out the pool area, we collected extra towels from the reception desk and had an enjoyable relax in the pool and jacuzzi tub. the pool area was clean as would be expected. When we dropped the towels off back at reception we enquired about how to get to niagara falls, where to park etc. We found the receptionist very helpful giving us excellent directions and advice on the best place to park ($5 all day and can come and go).
Generally this was a most enjoyable stay and we would not think twice about stopping here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 1234186408
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Paid Approx 113 dollars for a Friday night stay in August 2011. Room 420 had two double beds, cleanliness was unsatisfactory, chairs were so stained that the original colour was undetectable. Paint was peeling from the walls and hair was still left in the shower and sink. But for a cheap motel, you get what you pay for. What we didn't expect was the toilet to overflow all over the washroom floor after the first flush. After speaking to a fairly tall and young staff member (white guy) for about 20 minutes and him doing the whole "I'll get in trouble if I help you" routine, all he was able to muster up was an "upgrade" to a different room for $20+tax. Not wanting to waste any more of my vacation time I agreed and paid up in hopes to talk to someone more helpful tomorrow. New room was pretty much the same but smaller and had a King Size bed with a working toilet. The next morning I spoke to another fairly young staff member (brown guy) who told me the manager wasn't in, when in fact he was standing right next to him. After blatantly lying right to my face, I immediately stopped talking to him. After talking to Edmund the manager (Asian dude) he seemed hard pressed to give me my money back. He was able to send us off with a complimentary breakfast. With the way this place is run, I don't expect it to be 2.5 stars for much longer. I wouldn't stay here again if it was free and will be contacting the BBB. Do yourself a favor and find a different place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends