“Rooms were big but very dated and basic”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We spent the night over at the Courtyard Marriott Niagara Falls and the location of the hotel was very good. It was right in the middle of the action, Tim Hortons was barely 300 metres away, next to multiple restaurants, right where Guiness Book world of records was, so on and so forth. Rooms were big, a little dated, free WIFI, and the view we had was terrible, we were put on the 2nd floor facing the carpark, though privacy wasnt an issue. Tried the gym out, equipment was good, and just adequate, basic necessities were provided, towels, water, so on and so forth. We stayed only a day and it was good enough. I would recommend to stay here if you are in it for the attractions around the vicinity, then this is the place. If you are looking for romance, I would head further up the falls to the Marriott Fallsview instead.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank volvoc70m

Reviewed 25 April 2012

First off I booked this on a travelzoo deal which included over a hundred dollars worth of discounts which effectively brought the price down to lower than what a cheap motel would have cost, so this was an amazing value. That said, i would return at full price given the accommodations, location and service.

Beds are fine, nothing special but nothing wrong either.

The hotel has a Keg restaurant attached to it, and TGIF's is next door. In terms of dining near Clifton Hill these are arguably the best 2 places to eat in the area, so it was nice to have them so accessible. The location i think is ideal since it's pretty much at the end of the tourist strip so it's not as busy as Clifton Hill, while still very close.

In terms of service - WOW, i am impressed. I was upgraded to a suite for free, and my wife forgot her coat (ironically probably because we had the side living room in the suite), and they promptly mailed it back to us without charge!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aloha_Eric
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The first year we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, we did not know what to expect. It is extremely clean and lovely, with courteous service, and beautiful, spacious rooms. It felt more like a community of well-appointed apartments, it was so comfortable. Every single year that we come to Niagara Falls, we book a room at the Courtyard Marriott. It is an exceptional hotel. Busy, but quiet, very well-maintained, with a sparkling cheerfulness. You will feel right at homed. The Keg is downstairs, and breakfast buffets are the best. I recommend it to everyone. Also, very reasonably priced. If you come to the Courtyard Marriott once, you will keep coming back! Excellent. Our favourite hotel by far.

Room Tip: State what you want - quiet, a good view, a big bathtub. Whatever. And they will accomodate you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and it just gets better. We had found a deal on line with a $40.00 Keg Gift Card, Shuttle for Two, $25.00 gas card. We requested an early check in but nothing was available yet, so we upgraded for $20.00 more, which had a fireplace. Everything was clean and everyone was friendly. Nice to have coffee set up in the lobby for the morning. Also included was a free buffet breakfast which was cooked perfectly. We had been in the pool which was clean and bright. I am looking forward of finding another deal so I can go back for another great stay. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suesweeney
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed at the Marriott on Sat, Aug 14th with another couple. We had booked the one night deal with the 25.00 gas card. Upon checkout we were told that we were not booked under that deal and that since we booked under 'Central Booking' and not the hotel itself they could do nothing about it. Later that day I called 'Central Booking'. The customer service was disgusting! I was hung up on, told it was my problem not there's and that a manager would call me back which never happened. I finally called back again and spoke to someone who looked into my booking. Our initial booking was under the deal with the gas card and it was put under a different code when I called to change the date of our trip. The woman I was speaking to said it was central bookings error as it was to be under the 'gas' promo code but was changed when I called to swtich to another night. I was offered the gas card however the next day the general manager of the Marriott called and said the gas card would not be sent but that we would receive a 25.00 refund.. still no refund has happened and no response from the GM when I called back.. what a frustrating way to end a trip!!! Poor customer service on both ends!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple