8,013 results
All reviews clifton hill hard rock cafe corner suite rainforest cafe great view resort fee small balcony starbucks coffee buffet restaurant indoor waterpark valet parking rainbow bridge water park self park floor to ceiling windows waterpark package city view
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is absolutely lovely. Situated just across the street from the falls, one could not ask for a better location. My room looked out onto the Canadian (HorseShoe Falls) and was a dream to watch the colours that lit up the night energy across both the American and Canadian Falls.
The room was spectacularly clean, the shower/water pressure was beyond anything I have ever experienced, I was comfortable with the temperature and have zero complaints about the room.
I do wish to point out that the "wine tasting" is a bit of a joke. Between a white, a red and a blush... I believe there was exactly one full ounce of alcohol to be tasted. Hmmm...
Also... I was a little disappointed with the bar service telling me that I had to go and purchase a Coke from the sundries shop rather than them serving me when I asked.
Other than those two little items, I was more than pleased that I chose the Sheraton On The Falls as my hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Getaway811976
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived after our long flight from the UK to our room on the 9th floor and WOW what a view we had. We had upgraded to a falls view room and the extra money we paid was so worth the experience we had. At night the fall are lit up with coloured lights and most nights during the season they have fireworks over the falls ... with the view from our room we see it all.

The next day we were off on a tour of the American side of the falls and it was brilliant. My sister and I were the only Brits on the tour but it was great talking to the Americans and Australians who were tourist just like us. The company we organised our tour through were thorough and showed us the best bits of the area. We ended the tour with a boat ride by the falls on the Canadian side. we were so lucky because had we been there the day before the wait for entrances and getting around was long (about 2-3 hours) as it was a national holiday in both the US and Canada.

We highly recommend going to Niagara Falls, you will not be disappointed.

The hotel was of an older style and didn't have a safe within the room, but there were safety deposit safes behind reception. The hotels restaurant overlooked the falls and there were shops and a Starbucks Coffee Shop in the foyer. Close by there was a the Hard Rock Café, a Casino, a Water Park, a Cinema, a Park and other things for families to do.

One thing to remember though it's a 2hour journey from Toronto Airport

Room Tip: Always upgrade for a falls view … its so worth it
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights 13/14th September. Room was spotlessly clean with a fabulous view of the falls. Staff were friendly and food was excellent. However, we were first time visitors to Canada and when checking out of the hotel we were surprised at the hidden charges/taxes on our bill. We had paid up front for the hotel via travel agent Thomas Cook. All good. When we checked in we were asked if we would be having breakfast? ‘Yes please’ we replied.
When checking out we were told that having breakfast was an ‘upgrade’ for which we would have to pay (in addition to paying for the breakfast itself). And we also had to pay tax on the upgrade fee!
Okay, it was not much, but we thought we had paid for the whole package upfront when we booked the holiday.
Also, when in Canada, remember to budget for tips. 15-20% is considered normal and you have to tip for everything. Taxis, restaurant service, even a bartender serving you a beer! Basically, when someone says ‘hello’ to you in Canada they expect a tip.
So, the hotel was excellent. No complaints there. Just do your homework and don’t be caught out by taxes and tips in Canada.

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for one night on route to New York, the view from our falls view room was spectacular, one of the best views from a room we’ve had.
The staff were always friendly, polite and even gave us a room with a jacuzzi bath after noting our honeymoon stay.
The room was clean tidy and comfortable, however a let down was no safe in the room.
Although spectacular the falls are over shadowed by the surrounding town, which is pretty tacky and run down, with plenty of homeless, street drinkers and drug users loitering around.
One night was enough in the town, would recommend the hotel to see the falls but wouldn’t want a prolonged stay in the resort.

1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our room was on the 21st floor. The view was great. The hotel view isn't probably the best on the strip but the location of the Hotel is. There are plenty of activities to do in the hotel as well as outside. Plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Hotel staff was friendly. Parking $35 a day. Hotel taxes insured. Starbucks caramel macchiato not the best. Beds were great, decor decent, hotel is clean. This doesnt make our list of top 5 trips but we made sure we had a great time none the less

1  Thank Damon C