“Grammies Grand Tour”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I wanted to make some wonderful memories for my grandchildren and boy did we ever! We had a great room overlooking the falls that we were compt as well as valet parking. (I think they had pity om me with the grandkids! or maybe because they were so cute!) I was recovering from knee surgery so I wanted everything close. You could take advantage of the walkways to the indoor water park or casino. We asked for a rollaway bed and it was brought up immediately. The staff was very friendly. The only complaint was that the outdoor pool was verrrry cold, but we then found our way to the indoor pool. This was a very family friendly hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go on a weekend
7  Thank Carol T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

My new husband and I stayed here before and after our wedding at the Botanical Gardens. We had a falls view room which was nice, clean and spacious with a nice bathroom.

There isn't any free wifi which I was disappointed about but I find this hit and miss with some hotels anyway.

The service was good and the staff were helpful and polite.

The most awesome thing I found was the breakfast. What a selection. I was really impressed.

After out wedding, a family member upgraded out room and we ended up in a massive suite on the 18th floor, with a balcony and jacuzzi. It was absolutely amazing. we had a fantastic view of everything.

If i were to stay here again, I would make sure I upgraded to a suite.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Playfulkit
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Our family just returned from our stay at the Sheraton on the Falls for 2 nights. The location and views were wonderful. Connected to the Indoor Waterpark, Adventure City, Casino, Rainforest Cafe and much more. Steps away from Clifton Hill. The hotel room was clean, but could use some improvements. We were very disappointed that there was not a safe in the room and had to go back and forth to lobby to store our belongings. I forgot to mention to the front desk that the indoor pool was very cloudy and dirty. I wouldnt let the kids swim in it. The outdoor pool was nice but everyone was complaining about how cold it was. I am assuming it wasnt heated. Luckily, we had a two day water pass to the waterpark and the kids loved it. Staff was friendly and beds were comfortable. Unfortunately, we were woken up by 7:00 am by some type of TV event with load music in the courtyard in front of the hotel. We will definately ask about this next year before we book our trip. I couldnt believe it and laugh about it now, but after a late night at the casino, it wasnt that funny at 7 am. Overall, our family had a wonderful stay.

3  Thank kmw2
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in early June, 2012.

The weather was very warm (30c or higher) and sunny and the view from my room (1957) were fantastic.

The hotel room was also nice (2 double beds, couch, HDTV. even a fireplace with mantle (never turned it on, so can only assume it was electric or gas...)

The A/C in the room was struggling to keep the room cool.... I like a cool room, but the A/C was unable to bring it down... heck, during the day it was not able to keep it at a "normal" room temp.

This seemed to be the same for most every location in the hotel... a little too warm for my own liking.

The internet service from the room was poor, workable but poor. If it were free, I would not mind, but at a normal daily rate of $10/day, poor and slow service is not acceptable.

I would stay here again, but would ensure I was on a high floor and facing the falls... others in my (large) party were facing brick walls, etc... not what you want to see when visiting Niagara Falls...

Room Tip: Facing the falls is important... but the hotel will know exactly which ones are falls-facing!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidNL
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton On The Falls this past weekend. It was a 'redemption' stay. When we were here last fall, the rooms we were given were VERY small, especially when you're talking about men who are over 6'3" tall. The manager responded by upgrading our room this stay. Wow....... what a room we got. Our balconies overlooked the falls, we had jaccuzi tubs and a fireplace in the sitting area. The rooms were immaculate, roomy, and very comfortable. I think this was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The staff were friendly, and helpful and always wore smiles.
The hotel also has a water park attached but I can't coment on that since we neither used it or explored it. The same goes for the Spa.

The location is perfect. You're right in the heart of Niagara's biggest attractions. One of the casinos is attached by a walkway through the Hardrock Cate. Cliffton Hill, with the museum's, Haunted House, Giant Ferris Wheel and dinasaurs, is two doors down. The choice for dining within walking distance is endless.

I'd give this a 'two thumbs up'.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room with the last digits "88" They are small, and right next to the el...
11  Thank OMAonthego