“Standard and nothing more.”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Prior to this, I stayed in the Sheraton Vancouver Airport which turned out to be more pleasant than I expected considering Airport hotels aren't always the best experiences. Then I walked into this one and I can't be more disappointed. I didn't expect much, but the least they could do was teach their staff some manners. I travelled with my extended family and there was 12 of us, and we had been travelling around Canada so there was quite a few luggages. I went in to ask the concierge for a bell boy to help us and after waiting for 5 minutes, he showed up, pointed me with his finger and went "is this the guy?" I was horrified. For a four-star hotel, I expected some respect as a customer. Other than that, the hotel needs some major renovation as the room was damp and somewhat dirty. My lamp was broken - the head fell out of the stand and it was a serious case of potential electrocution. The only redeemer was that I had a fantastic view of the Falls and that was that. I wanted a Falls-view room, and so I was recommended this hotel. I won't go back to Niagara and neither would I stay in this hotel any longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank huntingjanuary

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Right by the falls. Get a room with a falls view, it's spectacular. Good clean hotel. No restaurant just an adjacent Starbucks but very close to restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed recently and were super disappointed in the hotel and Niagara Falls in general. The area has really went downhill in a short time. We ate at "Windows" (Jamie Kennedy's) restaurant in our hotel and service was average but the food portions and actual taste were sad to say the least. We mentioned it to our waitress who didn't seem to care and when the manager came to our table and we told her we weren't happy she didn't seem to care either. They never apologized nor compensated us in anywayand we will not recommend it nor patronize the establishment again. The view was fantastic and thats all we can say about our experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hairstylerdiva
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed from April 28-May 2, 2012
Registration(check in) was quick and easy. Pay the extra bucks for te full Falls View room.... it's worth it. The staff treated us wonderfully. They went above and beyond to make us happy.
The Sheraton is in need of a good cleaning. It's not too bad yet but it's starting to show it's age. Our room was nice and spacious with floor to ceiling window(blockout curtains) with views of both falls, at least a 40in flat screen TV, and a small flat screen tv in the bathroom.(sanitize the remote) No refrigerator. You can get one for $20 delivered to your room. Self Parking is next door at the crowne plaza hotel. $20-$22 a day.( Somehow we managed to get it free) Internet is 15 dollars a day. We signed up for the sheraton rewards and got it free. A beautiful restaurant in the hotel. And its also connected to the indoor water park. So its great for families. Just on the other side of the hotel is the tourist area. Maids of the Mist Attraction is within walking distance from the hotel. The Hard Rock Cafe, The Coca Cola store & the Hershey Candy store all connected to the hotel. We had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton.
We highly recommend staying here.
Try eating at the Keg Steakhouse in the Embassy Suites Hotel. Well worth the money. Very romantic.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank pamjam01
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed with a freind for one night and booked a full fallsview. It has a nice location. It's about 10CD from the train station. It's near from the main attraction.

The view on the homepage exaggerates. It's not a full falls view, but a false view. You only see the NewYork side of the fall from the room. You have to stick your head out of the window to see the Canadian side which is dangerous. Also the window very small. What happened to the photo on the homepage?

Overall it wasn't bad, but if you expect something like a picture, you'll be dissapointed.

• Stayed: April 2012