I am SPG gold and was recognized upon check-in. We got free internet and the choice of 250 points or a free drink. We were upgraded to a falls view room - and it truly is a falls view room - see pic.
electric fireplace, 2 queen beds, falls view room, standard bathroom (tub/shower), looks like you could have adjoining rooms
Room recommendations: avoid the 14th floor if you want a quiet stay. We didn't stay there but that is the indoor pool level and it was packed with kids. Our floor was mostly quiet, but a few people in the morning were having big chats in the hallway and the doors don't keep out any noise at all. Possibly 7th floor would have the same issue - outdoor pool - just something to keep in mind.
Parking: self was 19$ a night, valet is $30. Self is located a bit behind the hotel in the crown plaza parking lot - but its a big complex so you really don't have to go outside.
Location: great location, very close to the downtown area - not that it's a particularly great downtown, but if you want to eat there are many restaurants and it's practically on the river so if you want to walk and look at the falls its very easy.
If you want to cross border shop you can walk to the rainbow bridge - or atleast check the traffic before you cross. We noticed that before 10am was clear (going to the states) on a sunday and then after lunch seems to thin out. On saturday it was packed coming back from the states almost all evening - but perhaps some of the other bridges were more empty.
Dining: this could have been a promo or perhaps a gold thing but we got coupons for the restaurants when we checked in. We chose to go to Windows - jaime kennedy. Apparently it was fully booked after 6 - so if you want to eat here a reservation might be good. It wasn't exactly cheap, but there was a prix fixe. The entire table has to participate but there were 2 menus. $55 per person+tax+tip. Another $20 per person if you want matching wines. Note! if you want water they charge $7.50 a bottle. I asked for still water expecting tap and i got a bottle of "still water". Same things applied for sparkling. Most items on the menu are between $15-24. The prix fix is 3 items + dessert + fries and bread. Overall if you were to purchase these items separately it would be about $20-$30 more so it is the best value. Of the items I really likes the fish chowder and the pickerel. They have seasonal menus so currently its winter, i think in may/june it will flip to summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton