All reviews two sinks front desk breakfast restaurant room was clean walking distance incline railway a ground floor room parking lot minute walk outdoor pool first floor on site restaurant ice machine would stay here again two blocks great place to stay horseshoe falls
Reviewed 26 September 2014

close to the Falls, walking distance, excellent customer service. The folks on the reception desk are very friendly and helpful. We only had 1 1/2 days to take it all in, so they gave great recommendations and we got the full Niagara Falls experience. Hotel itself, clean and budget friendly for the location.Has a little pool next to the parking lot, but folks had a good time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Understanding that there are "Excellent" properties that are rated 1, 2, and 3 stars, this property, whatever it's rating may be, was excellent for us. If it claimed to be a 5-star or higher, I would have an issue with it's services and facilities, and it would not earn an "Excellent" from me.

I can start with the one "odd" occurrence I experienced and cover all the good from that point. After check in, I went to the front desk to ask some questions. The woman on duty, who was always on duty during the day, was on the phone conducting what seemed a personal call. She was so friendly and helpful when I checked in 10 minutes earlier, but she didn't even acknowledge me for 10 minutes as I stood within a few feet of her. When she got off the phone she was back to her helpful, friendly ways. Was quite strange. Outside of this, she was great before and after.

The property is so conveniently located to the falls, it's silly. A 5-minute walk (maximum) and you are on the path along the river and falls or can take the incline down to the river level for $2.50 per person. Many restaurants are in the area, including the Italian "Zappy's" which is basically in the hotel parking lot. We had a very nice lunch there as well as drinks, and I'll review that on TA, as well. Suffice it to say it was a good experience.

Our room was large, open, comfortable, and clean. No negative smells like mildew, dampness, cigarette smoke, etc. The bathroom was large, well lit and ventilated, with good water pressure. This room (238) seemed like it had been recently renovated, as there were no wall scrapes, carpet stains, broken fixtures, or damage of any kind. The heater did cease to function each night, and we had the evening maintenance come to the room the first night and he had it going again. Luckily, it was not cold enough yet to cause a problem during the night.

The rate was a few dollars over $100/night, and that was a terrific deal in my opinion! The other, taller hotels along the river were well over double that and there's no way in my book they delivered twice the value as what we enjoyed.

The breakfast we had each morning came to under $12 for the both of us. The food quality and service was outstanding, and I was compelled to give sizable tips to the server (Janet) and the cook.

The hotel has a nice outdoor swimming pool that is heated, and was being enjoyed by several guests each day we were there.

I would most heartily endorse anyone I know to stay at this property. While it is older and not as fancy as some of the other properties, it afforded a great location, food, comfort, and value.

Room Tip: Our room was 238 and it was in almost new condition and comfortable.
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 23 September 2014

Great place to stay at budget prices! My party of three enjoyed this hotel. Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Amy at the front desk was the most helpful front desk personnel I have ever encountered. She offered answers to all our questions and made some helpful recommendations. This hotel does have a 10 dollar parking fee per day, which is low for most hotels in this area. The money you save staying here is worth it! The WEGO bus stops a short distance from the hotel and then, off you go! No driving required. With WEGO, all the major attractions are convenient to get to. One and two day passes are available. The easiest way to explain the rooms is that the hotel is made up of a "hotel" section and also a "motel" section. Interior and exterior entrances. We stayed in the hotel section. Rooms are extremely clean and well taken care of, decor is a little dated but in terrific condition. We all slept well with no noise issues. I enjoyed breakfast at the attached restaurant which was reasonably priced, and again, experienced very friendly service. When coming back to Niagra, I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The hotel section rooms are nice! We stayed on the second floor. No elevator, though.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jewelcellar
Reviewed 22 September 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights here recently. We were looking for something affordable, and in walking distance to attractions. The rates were fantastic, and the reviews were too, so we gave it a try.
We arrived late at night, and were given a room in the back courtyard section. Driving back there, we didn't like the look of the place. Looked old and rundown. But when we walked in the room, we saw a room with older décor, but extremely clean. The beds were very comfy, and the bathroom was nice but small.
Breakfast is not complimentary, but a small café just off the lobby sold basic hot breakfasts for an amazingly reasonable price($15 for 2 people).
The hotel is just a couple blocks back from the Fallsview Blvd. neighborhood with the luxury hotels and casino. From here its a reasonable walk down to the falls-although its uphill coming back. There is an incline railway to go up and down the hill too.
There is a nice outdoor pool in the courtyard that was surprisingly still open in late September. On one of the days it was 80 degrees, so we took advantage of it.
The only 2 negatives......The wifi was horrible, especially in the back. Most of the time, you could not even check your emails, Facebook, etc. It worked better "sometimes" up near the lobby, but generally rendered our smartphones useless, since we didn't want to pay roaming fees. Second, the TV was an old tube model that only got about 10 channels. Basically just the local channels, and I think HBO. I know you don't go to Niagara to watch TV, but seriously....10 channels? Between that and the terrible wifi, just hope the weather doesn't keep you in the room.
The people here were super friendly. When our AC unit bit the dust one night, they replaced it within about 15 minutes when we called in the morning.
Overall, I would recommend the hotel. For its location, you can't beat the price. Just judge it for what it is.....a budget(not luxury) hotel

1  Thank jmat
Reviewed 22 September 2014

The hotel was extremely convenient and clean. Upon arriving we were received by Raquel and she was so helpful in outlining our best course of activity.
Everything is so close (within walking distance) and I will visit again.

1  Thank Richard S