“Very small but quaint and clean.”

Admiral Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The rooms are roomy and clean. The pool was small but swimmable but the hot tub is built for two. If you are looking for a large clean room with free internet for a night with easy access to the QEW, then this is your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lissa G

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here at Christmas while visiting my son. Really clean, friendly and reasonably priced hotel (around $113 Cdn/night including tax). It is a great place to stay if you are interested in seeing Niagara Falls, the wine district and Toronto. The hotel is located just off the QEW near Clarkson Village. If you want to visit downtown Toronto, it is about a 2 minute drive to the Clarkson Go Train station (free parking) and from here you can take the Go train to Union Station in the heart of Toronto in about 20 minutes. If you want to drive to Niagara Falls or the wine area you can go south on the QEW and arrive in Niagara Falls within the hour. Very convenient location for both couples and families. The room we had was spacious, clean, with a king size bed and a 42 inch flat screen TV. The room comes with a complimentary buffet breakfast which includes eggs, bacon and sausage along with toast, bagels and cereals. There is also an indoor pool and exercise room for use by guests.

Great place to stay and I will definatele use the Admiral Inn again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank TheRealDaver
Reviewed 5 November 2011

A tightly run ship, keys are prelabelled, food is hot and decent (and free), beer at the front desk saves you a trip out, and much effort is made to keep the place looking and smelling clean. The price is a bargain in this area, you could pay twice as much and not have a decent place to sleep. Thank you Admiral!

Room Tip: call direct and get the special rate
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Rufoosio
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was a little skeptical about booking at this hotel. We usually stay at B&B's for personal getaways, plus I was not familiar with the reservation site that they utilize (http://www.booking.com). Prior tripadvisor reviews were the push I needed to go for it. I'm so glad I did!! We were in the area for a concert at Polson Pier in Toronto and didn't want to spend a fortune for a metro hotel on top of our concert and travel expenses. Staying outside of the area was not only cost-effective, but it gave us a jump on our day when we didn't have to deal with morning traffic when leaving in the morning for the drive home. It was extremely convenient, too - only about 20 minutes from the venue and an easy, direct route.

The hotel itself was very nice - not cozy and personal like a B&B, not sumptuous like some higher-end hotels - but clean, convenient, quiet and accommodating. The check-in process was easy - polite and welcoming. Our room was spacious and clean with everything we needed and more (fridge, microwave). The pool area was clean and relaxing - a great way to unwind after our drive, before heading into Toronto for the concert. There are plenty of food choices in the area from Thai to the ever-present Tim Hortons to our beloved Swiss Chalet. Speaking of food choices - the 'continental' breakfast was wonderful!! So much more than what I would consider a 'continental' breakfast - there was fruit, hot entrees including eggs and breakfast meats (sausage, bacon), muffins, toast & jellies or honey, bagels & cream cheese, cereals, yogurt (Activia brand! Nice touch!), milk, juice, wonderful coffee. Be aware - the breakfast hours are morning only, not "Free Home-Style Continental Breakfast every day – all day!" as stated on the 'Amenities' page of the hotel's website. The hours breakfast is served are very accommodating - from 6:30 am to 10:00 or 11:00 am daily.

The only glitches were handled promptly and professionally. The hotel did not have record of our reservation made through booking.com. Unfortunately, I was told that this is not unusual - booking.com is supposed to fax over the reservations to the Admiral Inn and they apparently drop the ball on that with some regularity. I had my printed confirmation, which the desk clerk made record of to check us in and to communicate back to booking.com re: their failing. It's fortunate a room was available or this could have been a HUGE problem. In the future when we stay here, and we will, I will call the hotel directly to make my reservation OR call after I make one online to be sure they have record. I will also bring the printed confirmation again. Also, the lock to the pool area malfunctioned, and maintenance had to be called to allow us access. The lock was truly broken, causing an issue for maintenance that was not readily fixed during our stay. Yes, we were able to get into the pool in a matter of minutes, but the door had to remain propped during our stay, making me concerned for children in the hotel. Not an ideal situation.

I will not hesitate to stay here when we have occasion to visit Toronto and the surrounding suburbs in the future!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mtg57
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I'm glad I read reviews about this hotel. We picked this hotel because of it's location, price, free breakfast, free parking lot, and swimming pool. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. TV is not updated, you can say it's an "Old fashion TV" but we did not have a lot of time to watch anyway. I'm glad we picked this hotel because the price was great! The Go Train Station was not that far, a short distance to drive there from the hotel and we were able to find a parking spot. If it wasn't for TripAdvisor, then I'd not pick this Admiral Inn but glad I did! Thanks again, reviewers!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 20Sandy03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Country Oakville Inn
#3 of 11 in Oakville
Comfort Inn Mississauga
#36 of 60 in Mississauga

Been to Admiral Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK