“Prices quoted at the desk in Toronto in US funds!”

Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 1 December 2017

While checking into a room at the terminal 3 Sheraton in Toronto , the price quoted was 269 and change only to receive my receipt via email with a 315$ charge. Apparently, they quote US funds in Toronto????? This was at the Toronto front desk, not over a US reservation service. I wasn't aware we now had to ask Toronto hotels for a quote in Canadian funds! Otherwise, room was nice. Restaurant grill took well over an hour to serve us because they gave our meal to someone else, so we didn't have to pay for it. We certainly appreciated the outcome! Their service desk reps sound and appear annoyed and tired. These are probably long working hours and I empathize with that but customer service training should be ongoing.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms over the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
avinashshahani, Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay but sorry that you experienced some inconveniences.

I am very sorry for the miscommunication about the currency. May I please ask you to connect with me at the hotel so that I can look into your billing and make any necessary corrections. I also want to apologize for the mix up with your meal in the restaurant. However I am glad that my team took care of your bill.

I have noted your feedback on my staff and I am sorry if you did not enjoy a warm welcome and will follow up accordingly.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely

Avinash Shahani
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Claudette's welcome was entirely five star! The irresponsible maintenance evident in the room, however, transformed this very expensive, perhaps years ago four star venue, into an average experience for an exorbitant price. The room was offered as an extra well-cleaned room due to avoid aggravating allergies. The layers of dust on the phones, lamps, and electric fixtures betrayed that promise. The tables had scratches all over. The bath spewed water from the valve handle in every direction.
Despite the convenience of being at the airport terminal, the extreme cost of both the room and dining in this merely average facility, the tattered and carelessly attended accommodations are not worth the extravagance of the expense.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SheratonGateway, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel. Thank you also for bringing this matter to our attention during your stay. I am very sorry that we fell short of our cleanliness standards in your room and as promised I have followed up with my housekeeping team as this is certainly unacceptable. We make every effort to ensure our processes are followed and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. I understand my Night Manager has been in contact with you, however I would like to regain your confidence in us and welcome you back to the Sheraton Gateway Hotel. May I recommend you request for a PURE room for your next stay. These rooms are equipped with a PURE machine that offers advanced allergy protection. I am sorry that we did not proactively offer you this option at check in and will coach my team accordingly.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Douglas Brennan

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

For anyone flying out of Pearson airport this is the best hotel. It is under a minute away from terminal 3 and from the train to terminal 1. Car rental companies are located on the ground floor so renting and returning cars is a breeze. Finally, and best of all, the front office and other staff are wonderful. I had my dog with me and not only were they kind enough to watch her while i brought my luggage up to the hotel and welcomed her very warmly! I would particularly like to thank Rosario, Annie, Ben, and Leo. They all made my check in yesterday such a pleasant experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I've been stuck at Pearson several times now and have always stayed at the Sheraton. I cannot say enough about the excellent service they provide. Such friendly and kind staff is so wonderful especially when experiencing some unpleasant travel delays. Only complaint is the expense coffee from the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 457 and it was quite large. We had enough room to do our stretching. We had a king size bed and that was great. Ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was pretty good and the service was good. Not bad for an airport hotel. Located in terminal three and it’s really easy to get to by train even when you’re tired. Ask for more towels and make sure the coffee maker is working. You might have to ask for more cream. And do these things right away as soon as your check into your room. Planning to stay there for one night on our way home after our vacation. Overall pretty good value.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SheratonGateway, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the services and facilities of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Douglas Brennan