“Have to be a dog to stay there!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in London
Kitchener, Canada
“Have to be a dog to stay there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Because they are more friendly to dogs than people! Family stayed in 2 rooms for 1 night. Unable to breathe as dogs were being walked in hallway & had obviously stayed in one of the rooms recently. Smell was atrocious. Being some of family were asthmatics & had difficulty breathing we called front desk to see if other rooms available. Constant answer from front desk was "This is a pet friendly hotel". Head Office said 2 pets were allowed per room but lady down the hall had 3, scaring one of our children. Booked non-smoking rooms but hallway smelled of smoke as non-smoking rooms were next to smoking rooms. On checking out in morning front desk clerk, Michelle, asked if we wanted to book a future visit . When I told her the difficulty we had breathing she only knew 6 words which she kept repeating."We are a
pet friendly hotel". We're looking for the "people friendly hotel" . Sad when no one cares about the people paying the bills anymore.This was our last choice due to all other hotels being booked for the night. Still is our last choice. Should be yours too.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank gary m
comfortcare-manager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Comfort Inn London is a "Pet friendly hotel" . We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate and please all different types of guests.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience, and understand that not all travellers will be pet friendly. However, we do not hide that pets our welcome to visit this location with their families. Our website, and literature all state that pets are allowed. We have received many compliments about our diversity and a majority of our guests appreciate being able to bring along their four legged family members.

The Staff at the Comfort Inn London works very hard to please and accommodate everyone. We pride ourselves on our customer service, clean rooms and our many repeat guests.

We appreciate your feedback and do take all guests comments into consideration.

Sincerely

Morgan Ramage
Guest Services Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
british columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We only stayed one night at the Comfort Inn, our preferred choice wasn't available. Despite the extremes of reviews (some overly negative and one who I think swallowed a dictionary) this two star motel does a pretty good job. Our check-in experience was first class, the staff here really are an asset; the room was basic but functional, the a/c worked well, the bathroom looked to have been refurbished recently and the water pressure and shower was excellent. I found no problems with smoke smells on the upper floor and I wasn't troubled by the lack of elevator - this after all is a somewhat limited older property. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and we slept well.

The only downside is the breakfast room - as is obvious, one motel room has been sacrificed to act as the breakfast facility. Space and seating is very limited, but the standard breakfast provision is more than adequate. I was surprised just how good the overall experience was for the category and the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ikelmay
comfortcare-manager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear Ikelmay:

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and we are always looking at ways to improve the hotel. We are in the process at looking at what we can do to improve the breakfast room. We have a great staff that really take pride in the hotel to make sure that it is clean and neat and the guest are well taken care of. I am happy to hear that your family had a good sleep as well.
Once again thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn London and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sincerely
Jason King
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

I just returned from a stay at the Comfort Inn London. I was in London for work. I was in London before check in time, but the friendly young lady behind the desk (Morgan, If I remember correctly) made sure I was able to check in right away. She also upgraded me to the lower floor because I had was so exhausted. The room was a little warn, but clean and the pillows were great. The next morning I very much enjoyed the continental breakfast. Morgan checked me out and even helped me with a reservation for that night in Kingston were I was heading next, before home.

I had a very comfortable stay. The location is perfect. I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, London location in October 2010. I was there on a business trip and overall it was a great stay. The check in was very quick, the room was ravishing, and the breakfast was exquisitely enticing and very scrumptious. Lauren did a great job at recommending the perfect restaurants and local attractions. When I had asked about a spa or gym on site, she had let me know that there was one just minutes away and it was complimentary to my stay. What a great please to rest your head, enjoy great customer service and get some work done. – Free Wireless. Nice. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ontariofireguy
comfortcare-manager, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
Thank you so much for your review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! The team here at the Comfort Inn London strive to make our guests feel welcome and we do our best to ensure you stay is a pleasant one. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our morning breakfast and we are always looking at improving it so our guests start their day off right. I have passed along your positive comments to Lauren and I am happy to see that she helped make you stay an enjoyable one. Hope to see you again very soon!

Tim - General Manager
Comfort Inn London
toront
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel a weekend in January with a group. The service was great until my morning check out. The desk attendent was bothered by me checking out...and very rude. My family was getting breakfast and right at 10am she closed the juice and would not let us get any. I then realized by looking at her name tag, to my shock she was the assistant manager!!! There were about 3 other famillied down in the breakfast area looking for juice, while she continued to pack it up without even letting us finish! I understand that breakfast closed at10, but we were almost finished getting our breakfast! I will never go back to this location, she was very rude and needs to work on her people skills. Our team plays in London at least twice a year, and we will not go back.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TorontSportsmom

Travellers are raving about these London hotels