“Cravings for the rest of your life!”
Review of Pokeh

Pokeh
Ranked #111 of 1,266 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 10
Reviewed 19 April 2016

If you like sashimi (raw tuna or raw salmon), you will LOVE Pokeh! The food is fresh and delicious - it is a small bowl of rice (white or brown) with toppings that you can choose, such as green mango, onions, cucumbers, etc, and a sauce (soy or spicy mayo) and then the raw, diced salmon or tuna on top. The flavours combine into something like a sushi roll, but even better. A small bowl is $10, and a slightly larger bowl is $14. Not the cheapest lunch, but worth it as a treat. I keep going back, like an obsessed pokeh zombie. I need to go again. This has to stop!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Service was amazing. Staff were super helpful as it was my first experience ordering and the menu can be intimidating. Food was fresh, delicious and filling. I had the special which was the Kani Kama bowl with crab meat. There was just a hint of heat that didn't take away from the flavour profiles in my bowl. Will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Went to the market a couple of weeks ago and saw their sign hanging in the aisle of the market. Unfortunately, I didn't have time then to try their Poke. Today was a different story. I went there specifically to try it and see if it would take me back to Hawaii. It did! I had the Spicy Poke (Ahi Tuna) with Kimchi, pickled Jalapeno, Nori, Cucumber, Jicama, Avocado, Taro Chips and white rice. Drizzled with their lemon sauce. Man, it is delicious!

The ingredients are very fresh and presented well in a bowl (you can get a small or large bowl as well as sit in or take out). As I would take a bite, I could see myself being reminded of the fresh Poke I had on numerous occassions while in Hawaii.

Their menu board is full of options that you can add as well as a vegetarian option for those not into the Tuna choice.

Do I recommend...YES!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2016

I would never have chosen this style of lunch myself, but I am so glad I was talked into it with a friend!
The food is so fresh, and tasty. Veggies are nice and crisp, the Tuna is just delicious! A great first time experience with raw fish!
Only downside, I thought the portion sizes could be a little bigger for the cost. But it was satisfying!

Reviewed 28 February 2016

and a big bowl of sea flavours. Ahi tuna on a bed of cucumber noodles laced with spices with a touch of heat is the perfect light lunch on a Saturday morning after gathering the fresh local produces for the evening dinner. The hostess was knowledgeable and full of far away stories. This will become our regular routine whenever in the neighbourhood!