“My FAVOURITE and best sushi joint in Hamilton!”

Sapporo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #300 of 1,266 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I cannot have more amazing things to say about this place, I have yet to find a sushi joint as delicious or as good value! As I order from here at least once a week (they offer takeout and delivery!)

I have a few favourite dishes. The Tom Yum Soup is warm, savoury and flavourful with large portions. The tuna and salmon hand rolls are wrapped in sticky seaweed that tastes fantastic with the fresh fish. The Salmon maki is simple but divine, there is no rice outside on the roll rather it's inside which just brings the flavour of the fish combined with the seaweed.

Another few favourites includes the rainbow roll (AMAZING) and also rainbow sushi pizza! The rainbow sushi pizza is incredible and have yet to find a place to match the quality! The deep fried rice patty is lightly battered and not greasy or oily, the topping have no greasy tempura just an assortment of fresh fish such as salmon, tuna, and butterfish on top of the patty with light mayo and green onion topping and tobiko! Sappora has the best food for the best value!

3  Thank skyeandcity
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

This is a place I don't eat often, but the previous visits were good enough for me to return. However, the latest visit with my friends today left horrible taste in our mouths. Both food and service were poorly conducted. I understand that today being Valentine's Day is a busy night for most restaurants, but it is not an excuse for them to perform so badly. On the contrary, I think they should be fully prepared in advance for the crowd. To list the problems that we've had today: 1. The waitress at the door wanted to put us to a table close the door. We politely asked if we could go to another table instead due to the windchill by the door. We were told that it was reserved (but no reserve sign was posted). After finding a few more empty tables on the other side, we insisted on sitting to another table, the waitress did not say they were reserved, but we were lead to the table very unwillingly(don't know why). 2. Food came slow but at an acceptable time, however, 5 or 6 dishes were missing from our 1st order. We asked one of the waiters to check on them and still didn't come to the table. Therefore we placed a 2nd order of other dishes after. By the time we finished eating, our missing dishes started to show up. 3. Sashimi is my favorite among all dishes, but the freshness of their sashimi was terribly bad this time. It's hard to imagine a busy restaurant like them serves food like this (usually it's the reverse, isn't is?) one more thing, one of the missing dishes (shrimp skewer) showed up at the end was completely cold. Overall, our dining experience tonight at this place was not satisfied at all. I will not return to this place at least for quite a while unless I hear from my friends that they have improved.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

This is my favourite sushi restaurant, and it is also the favourite of my friends and family. We go here all the time for birthdays and celebrations, and have even made it the place we go for Christmas Eve dinner.
The food has always been great quality. I especially like the salmon roses, deep-fried scallops, and mackerel sashimi. I occasionally have some beef tataki, which has always been prepared perfectly, with just enough sauce.
I honestly would not go anywhere else for sushi, because not only is the food amazing but the service is wonderful too.
I always leave feeling stuffed, satisfied, and happy.

(Bit of advice, there is a convenience store next door that sells all manner of amazing Japanese candy. I'd suggest stopping by there after you eat to pick up some snacks for when you're not feeling so full anymore.)

1  Thank Chelsea R
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I frequent Sapporo quite often for lunch. It is our favorite lunch AYCE place as it serves Salmon Rose.

The food quality is always good and the staff are friendly and always happy to help or explain any dish.

I would recommend this for lunch only as it is quite expensive at $25 a person for dinner, and for that price I'll got to Spring Sushi.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

After visiting Spring Sushi multiple times, I figured it was time to give Sapporo a shot after hearing a few relatively positive reviews from my colleagues. The menu was on a tablet, much like many of the other sushi places around so it was a familiar interface. Service was prompt, and dishes were cleared fairly quickly. We placed our initial order of a few rolls, and they came within a reasonable time. After we had finished those rolls, we decided to explore the menu and find new items. We tried a few other items, and ordered those as well. A few of the items came, but not all of them. The server saw us sitting there waiting and asked if we were waiting for something, and went to check on the missing items. A few minutes later, everything had arrived and we were very satisfied. Sapporo is now my favourite sushi restaurant in Hamilton.