“Amazing Sashimi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Went to Kampai last night for what turned out to be the best Sashimi we've had in the area.

Started with calamari, then medium sashimi boat and a dragon roll

The calamari was prepared perfectly... not over cooked and the coating was nicely seasoned.
THe sashimi had a great selection and the portions were approriate

The dragon roll was very nice

All in all this was a hit and we will be back. Presentation of the sashimi was very creative.

Love this place

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Favorite Japanese restaurant! Sushi is great. Try the gyoza and the spicy soup. Tempera is light never greasy. Been going here for years ( even at the mountain location - before it moved) always happy with food and service!

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Ate here and found the restaurant to be nothing special. Food was tasty but the portions small. Entrees were a bit expensive.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We always end up ordering a boat, which brings an assortment of at least 40 pieces of sushi/sashimi plus an extra order of shiitake mushroom sushi (so good).
You also get with your order miso soup, a salad and green tea, all delicious.
I prefer melt in your mouth fish at 50$/pop over all you can eat that makes me sick afterward.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I went to Kampai with a bunch of coworkers after raving to them about all the amazing food I'd had on a recent trip to Japan. I was not expecting to get an exact replica of what I'd seen over there, but even so, what I got was quite disappointing.

The menu promises a big variety of dishes, and this always make me leery of how well they can all be executed. I ordered the Tofu Teriyaki lunch dish. My friends ordered a few different sushi, sashimi and maki plates. Everything arrived at intervals, not in any order. One person would be surrounded by food and the rest were twiddling their thumbs.
Most of the reactions from my friends ranged from "hmm" to "unh" ....and saddest of all "is this what it's supposed to taste like?" A few had not had Japanese food before except for those little sushi trays you get at grocery stores, so my tales of adventurous dining in Japan gave them the idea that they were in for something special.
What we got was just average. The food was fine, the service was ok, the restaurant itself is long overdue for freshening up. All in all, not a good representation of the true reverence the Japanese have for great food.