“Excellent food in Neighborhood ”
Review of Aberdeen Tavern

Aberdeen Tavern
Ranked #20 of 1,364 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 27
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One Part bitters, two parts love Aberdeen Tavern Open to the Public April 15th 2014 Aberdeen Tavern is a big city dining experience, steeped in warm hospitality set in a beautiful old bank setting. With comfort food as our primary focus, Chef Matt Beasley works closely with local farmers and sustainable food importers to ensure the highest of quality is never compromised. We offer a wonderful selection of vintage cocktails made with fresh squeezed juice, along with a broad selection of wine both by the glass and bottle. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I always wanna to try since I move to Hamilton almost 2 years as it is near to my daughter’s school. But finally only took a chance on my bday to try the lunch there.
All food are excellent! I had the butternut squash ravioli, my husband had the flat iron beef, my in laws had the chicken Cobb salad and the curry lamb. All of us love the dishes! As well, the environment is comfy and I prefer more quiet people dining there instead which I would mostly enjoyed.Definitely I will visit more again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was perfect. There were no available tables when we walked in but they were able to seat us at the bar. The food was incredible. The service was good too. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

From what I"d read here and elsewhere, I was expecting a good meal but was disappointed. The room is nicely done, decor fits the place, it could be quieter, but I could also be younger. The tables are close but not too close and the coat rack at the front is a very good idea. The staff is young and lack some polish that i'd expect for the price. Our server Kbre, was OK, but was overstretched as he was working the entire side of the restaurant. He did suggest and excellent wine that paired with both our mains - the Roquegrave - highly recommended. He refilled wine and water, but not as often as needed and were left stranded a few times - he never asked how the mains were, but he did ask about the app. So for the food: we split the "pot stickers" which are actually deep fried dumplings, so I'm not sure whether the menu is wrong or if the kitchen got is wrong, but these things never saw a pot! The pork belly filling was disappointingly one note - if you've ever had a bacon burger at the CNE, you know what I mean - just pork, just fat, no discernable seasoning. My partner had the 6oz. tenderloin which arrived perfectly cooked if somewhat bland. He very much enjoyed the fries - these are chip truck style fires so they're short, dark and fatty without being greasy. I had the duck breast which arrived over cooked - the server said it would come medium-rare, but sadly this was medium-well, and no duck needs that much cooking. I very much enjoyed the sweet potato mix and the rest of the veggies. In terms of value, I'm left puzzled. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, it was OK, but when you pay $200 for dinner I want more than OK.

5  Thank Geoffrey E
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Ate here for the first time last night, and I can guarantee it will not be the last. The food was delicious! The vegetarian menu is truly vegetarian and some of the best food I've ever eaten. Our waiter Dan went above and beyond expecations to ensure our dinner was great. I highly recommend eating here.

2  Thank Ami M
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Our top restaurant in the city. Despite not having a ton of vegetarian options on the menu, I make-do. The service and atmosphere cannot be missed. We spend every Anniversary here!