“Nice clean property”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Toronto, Canada
“Nice clean property”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I was in town for an entertainment event, and stayed at this property on June 24th/12.

This was actually my second stay at this location, but my first was just after they opened a few years ago.

I was pleased to see that the property is still very clean and still looks new. The room was spotless, and there were no issues at all. I would also like to add that this property has one of the nicest inner courtyards I have seen in this chain.

Only complaint? The location isn't great for anyine who is visiting the downtown section of Hamilton. That being said, it is a nice quiet location away from the noise of the city.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Rabbit74,
Thank you so much for your review and reccommendation. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our team during our next meeting. We hope to see you again in the future!
Andrew Holmes, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family and I stayed for the weekend, the staff was great. Housekeeping staff very friendly and could at their job. Rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: The king size beds are big and so comfy!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thanks 184will, for your wonderful review and recommendation! I am glad you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Yours truly,
Kingstown, St. Vincent
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I booked this hotel for a May stay about a month prior by directly phoning the hotel rather than using their online booking. When hubs and I arrived I was informed that there was no booking for us for that day. ?? When I produced the booking confirmation number, I was informed that was for a booking I made for the previous month at which I was a 'no show'. ??? My credit card was of course charged the one night fee for this supposed 'no show'. Fortunately, the manager on duty was able to rectify the situation so I was not double billed. Other than this snafu, our stay was great as usual. So what I'm saying here is that if you do go ahead and book via telephone, please re-confirm your booking before you arrive! We were lucky in that they had a room available for us. I can only imagine how pissed off I'd be if they hadn't because Hamilton isn't exactly flush with hotels, especially nice ones!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairways as these can get noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ivona B
, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience travellin_lady. We want to ensure each guest has the best experience possible when staying with us, so we value your feedback a great deal. I will work with our Front Desk Supervisor to ensure our desk team is retrained in confirming arrival dates to ensure this isn’t a problem going forward. I do hope you’ll stay with us again when visiting Hamilton.
Best regards,
bsbruce
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This property is a typical Courtyard suburban property. It is convenient to the highway and also downtown Hamilton with plenty of restaurants nearby. Upon checking in the front desk clerk said it was booked by Priceline - like I didn't already know that. The room was fine and appeared clean. However, when I went to take a shower in the morning I realized the bathtub had not been cleaned from the previous guest. It was disgustingly dirty. I got dressed and left - upon check-out I told them about the room and they offered breakfast, but I just wanted out of this place so I declined. During the night there were very loud guest in the hall - in fact sitting and talking at the elevator at 5 in the morning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank bsbruce
, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the incident with your shower and the level of service you received. I truly regret that we fell short of meeting the high standards we strive to achieve, and that every guest deserves. Please know that I have personally investigated the situation and corrective actions have been taken. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with Courtyard in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.

Best regards,
Owen Sound
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here for one night this week while traveling for work!
Rooms are very nice and the beds are super comfy. the hotel has a small pool and fitness center which is a nice touch for the hotel. Its in a good location with everything nearby, although its tough to turn left outta the parking lot. This might leave you frustrated in the morning or at rush periods. Other than that its a great place to stay on the of the mountain. its not a cheap place, regular room rate was like $179.00. Come on Marriott, its freaking Hamilton. I got a corporate rate so it wasn't as bad so don't be afraid to ask for the best price!!
Enjoy